The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks not out yet

Canuckseeesh

PHX is in rough shape now. Smith was far and above their best player. PHX will likely drop out of the playoffs now unless someone on their team carries them on their back. Good news for us if we are pushing for the playoffs.

Hope Kassian can elevate his play again tonight. Prove that he can be an elite player on this team. He really needs to prove himself so he can boost his confidence and get himself a decent contract.

#JensensBOSS

We also had top 6 guys injured for significant amount of time. The Sedins had a huge slump along with Burrows. There were lots of key reasons why that goal differential is so big.

Like I said about Luongo, I don't let 1 season dictate whether a player is still elite or not. Once again, I guarantee you that the Sedins will be back up to pace next season.

I'm not sure we will see a 70 point season out of them again.

That is not a whole season, that is 1 play-off series. Also, last 2 play-off series the Sedins were .8 and .9?~ points per game so, don't know what you're talking about.

Last season was a short season

The season before that they put up fantastic numbers.

See the pattern:

Seas g/f average

09/10 272 3.317 per game

10/11 262 3.195 per game
11/12 249 3.037 per game (this was less than the previous 2 - how is that fantastic?)
12/13 127 2.646 per game
13/14 176 2.411 per game
Now compare that to say the Hawks:
Seas g/f average
09/10 271 3.305 per game Stanley Cup
10/11 258 3.146 per game
11/12 248 3.024 per game
12/13 155 3.229 per game Stanley Cup
13/14 240 3.333 per game

Very close to them the first 3 years, but we have been declining...

See the pattern:

Seas g/f average

09/10 272 3.317 per game

10/11 262 3.195 per game

11/12 249 3.037 per game (this was less than the previous 2 - how is that fantastic?)

12/13 127 2.646 per game

13/14 176 2.411 per game

Now compare that to say the Hawks:

Seas g/f average

09/10 271 3.305 per game Stanley Cup

10/11 258 3.146 per game

11/12 248 3.024 per game

12/13 155 3.229 per game Stanley Cup

13/14 240 3.333 per game

Very close to them the first 3 years, but we have been declining...

Last year was a short year, we didn't have Kesler etc... Reasons behind the decline in goals per game.

This year we have had MULTIPLE key injuries to our top guys. Santorelli goes down and .6 points per game goes with him.

I don't want to use this year as an indicator of where we are at. If we make the play-offs, then I will gauge it there rather.

Next year, will be a much better indicator of where the Canucks stand in terms of production. With a key trade and some signings they could easily get back up to over 3 goals per game.

I'm just not ready to hit the panic button yet, especially on the Sedins. I already made an ass of myself hitting it on Burrows.

Last year was a short year, we didn't have Kesler etc... Reasons behind the decline in goals per game.

This year we have had MULTIPLE key injuries to our top guys. Santorelli goes down and .6 points per game goes with him.

I don't want to use this year as an indicator of where we are at. If we make the play-offs, then I will gauge it there rather.

Next year, will be a much better indicator of where the Canucks stand in terms of production. With a key trade and some signings they could easily get back up to over 3 goals per game.

I'm just not ready to hit the panic button yet, especially on the Sedins. I already made an ass of myself hitting it on Burrows.

I've been watching this team for a very very long time - they have been declining.

Our top line would be lucky to be a 2nd line on teams like the Hawks and Bruins and Sharks and Ducks and Blues and...well, you get my point.

Don't get me wrong, I will always cheer for the Canucks, but they are not as good as some people like to make out.

Looking forward to seeing the changes this team does for next season and hoping they improve and get back to scoring more than 3 goals a game.

I've been watching this team for a very very long time - they have been declining.

Our top line would be lucky to be a 2nd line on teams like the Hawks and Bruins and Sharks and Ducks and Blues and...well, you get my point.

Don't get me wrong, I will always cheer for the Canucks, but they are not as good as some people like to make out.

Looking forward to seeing the changes this team does for next season and hoping they improve and get back to scoring more than 3 goals a game.

i feel the same way ..i think most of us do ..

Archived