The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Season's over

The Magician

DeNiro it doesn't take a genius to know that you can't sit on your ass when it's a 2 on 1. Rookie move by a backup goalie.

LOOOL. You people were complaining that Luongo always belly flops in these kind of situations.

Ahh our "fans" never disappoint in amazing me.

"he wasn't a starter last year"

Right, and how many playoff games did he win? How'd that work out for the Canucks? Schneider lost his job as Lou's backup last season to Lack.

I'm sorry the butthurt Schneider fans don't understand or appreciate what Luongo brought to the team for the past 8 years. The Canucks first made the playoffs after the lockout with Bobby Lou. The Canucks left the playoffs without him.

It's the end of an era.

Had the Canucks ridden Lou (as they should have the last two years), they'd be better off today.

So many inaccuracies in this so called 'post'.

Schneider started more games than Lou did last season - so that would make him the starting goaltender, or at the very least, the #1 in a 1/1a goaltending tandem.

Schneider was traded, he didn't lose his job to Eddie Lack - Lack only played about dozen games last year and they were all in the AHL.

Both Luongo and Schneider played the same amount of playoff games last season and neither one of them could get a win - probably had something to do with the team's play, I don't recall it being very inspired to say the least.

As for this melodramatic 'end of an era' crap - the team was losing plenty of games while Lou was still here, and even if they could have made it (which I doubt very much) there is nothing about this team's play to suggest that they wouldn't be bounced like a basketball in the first round.

If you are attempting to troll, please stop. Many have come before you, most of whom were able to provide far more effective arguments than the lies above.

If not, the air must be thin where you live - time to invest in an oxygen mask.

Personally I feel as though the owner has had his hand in the cookie jar. It's the only reasonable explanation for all the stupid moves made since the team was actually good.

I think your right but I'm still keeping my flaming gillis head... Lol. If he's a lame duck GM then it's just as bad.

I think your right but I'm still keeping my flaming gillis head... Lol. If he's a lame duck GM then it's just as bad.

Let's just say FA is the exact kind of owner to meddle. It's not a coincidence we have had so many Italians on the team in recent years. Unless he backs off soon it's going to be a long painful ride. I believe gillis was brought in for the very reason that FA knew he could 'work with him'.

In before a "Sedins? Do We Really Need Them?" thread comes up... calm down guys, they are our franchise players. They deserve respect for what they have done.

Combined points not even close to Cosby. Terrible year couldnt handle stress and more pressure. Couldnt lead when the team needed them. Thay have to be gone asap. No more of this. Just explode it

Well, post Luongo era is here. At least now we've finally shown that the problem wasn't him and that he was holding down the fort for the last two years.

I agree - time to clean house. If the Sedin's won't take a paycut, ship them out for picks. 4 million each, max.

You do realize that we just signed the Sedins to new contracts, right?

On the hit I think the stiff boards are just as much to blame..never liked that they had no flex and add to our injuries as well. Burr Burr Burr..I don't think we will out grow the Auger stigma..Burr will be a heatscore for as long as he's here..

We need a 4th line that can play.We need a 4th line that can play.We need a 4th line that can play.We need a 4th line.

What a joke team this has become. I knew to give up on them months ago its obvious theyre terrible. No offence sissy dmen and the only good thing was Luu but hes gone so we have nothing nowhere. Hate this crap

Sure you do.

I'm sure you didn't just join a month ago to troll.

Can't remember the last time signing a bunch of overpaid UFAs actually worked. Panthers had a good season after going on hat shopping spree in 2011 but then quickly dropped back to mediocrity

Who says they have to be overpaid?

Hamhuis, Ballard, Samuelsson, Malhotra, and Torres (12.7 mil) were all signed or traded for because we had a ton of cap space.

This team has alot less holes than it had before, so filling them shouldn't be as difficult.

Personally I feel as though the owner has had his hand in the cookie jar. It's the only reasonable explanation for all the stupid moves made since the team was actually good.

The ONLY reasonable explanation? So you would simply disregard the injuries this team has suffered, the fact that the cap went down this year, and the fact that there was a lockout and CBA uncertainty last year. I'm sure none of those things effected what Gillis was able to do. Add some bad timing, due to our core ageing, and you've got the 2013/14 Canucks.

And despite all of that, we actually have some really decent prospects coming down the pipeline. I swear, some of you really struggle at taking in the larger picture, everything is so emotionally-based, rather than taking some time to actually consider the details and how they interact.

man are some of the comments on here disgusting....

can't wait till off season starts, things will sure start to change, whether from higher up or coaching personnel or players

and i hope i dun have to hear any more spewing garbage from some now that we are basically out of the playoffs and destined to dwell in the bottom of the league for eternity :rolleyes:

Archived