The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If you could describe your excitement from 1-10 on Horvat/Fox

Merci

horvat may end up in winnipeg for evander kane...

Kane up on an assault charges in Vancouver, in hot water all the time and last night he was a healthy scratch. I thought he'd out grow out of some of this stuff. Not a fan anymore.

My excitement level that torts might get fired is 10.

Fox scoring ability and the fact we got him for nothing has got me really hopeful he can translate it into the nhl. 9. Horvat 7.

Do you know why we got Fox for nothing: either MG is a genius or he has reached his ceiling as a great junior player at 20. How excited you are depends on which you believe is true.

horvat may end up in winnipeg for evander kane...

Van counters with

Hansen (likes it there) + J.Schroeder + our 2014 First Rounder

If were losing Horvat best get Bfuglien worked into the mix and join E.Kane out here.

E.Kane - R.Kesler -Z.Kassian (imagine the forecheck when they're on fire )

Sedin-Sedin -Bfuglien (Big Buff would score 40, Twins would have space )

Burrows - Matthias -N.Jensen

Higgins-Richardson-Santorelli

Sestito ,Lain

keep Horvat

8.5 for Horvat. Think highly enough of him that I'm considering getting his name and number stitched onto the back of my blank Canucks third jersey.

Even if he doesn't set the world on fire, I'm fairly confident that he'll become a solid contributor on this team that fans are going to love for his work ethic. To boot, he seems like such a great guy off the ice. Wearing 53 in honour of a player he never even shared the ice with says a lot about his character.

I'm a bit more cautious about Fox (probably 6 cautious), but I'll be more than thrilled if he can fill a third-line role on this team at some point (like other people have said).

1 ... nothing really excites me on this team if there isn't going to be any major changes in GM and Coach. Seriously, they will ruin his development or trade him just before he peaks.

Wow do you even have a job... I hope you think that your so good that you will never be let go from doing poorly !!

Some people really are so aggravating in there childish antics...

You boys and grils sometimes thats the way it goes...

Very low, Gillis needs to save his job that means any player without a Ntc/nmc has the potential of being a victim of a GM fighting to keep his job.

He would have done that already at the deadline if that was his mindset.

If he's fired it will be before next season starts.

When someone mentions Dane Fox, I think Lonny Bohonos. A guy who went undrafted and led the WHL in scoring in his overage year. In the end, 19 NHL career goals in 83 NHL career games.

When someone mentions Dane Fox. I think Martin St. Louis, another guy who went undrafted. :frantic:

You can never tell how they will work out but Fox is a farm boy and knows how to work hard without crying,

He will make the top 6 within the next 3-5 years.

We will also see Andersson up here sooner rather than later.

Horvat, Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Fox, ANDERSSON are the future, I like it! Go Canucks :canucks:

Kane up on an assault charges in Vancouver, in hot water all the time and last night he was a healthy scratch. I thought he'd out grow out of some of this stuff. Not a fan anymore.

Agreed. Too much ego going on there. Rumoured to be a very poor teammate. An outcast back with the Giants and his act doesn't seem go over any better in The Show.

Here is a good article on expectations for Dane Fox...

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2014/03/13/what-are-realistic-expectations-for-dane-fox/

I think his circumstances are a little different than a lot of the guys he is compared to as an overager:

1. How many others went undrafted after being ranked as high as 48th? Personal issues, and injuries played a big part in not being drafted.

2. Size. He isn't undersized for the NHL, and (hopefully) isn't dominating in Junior strictly due to a size/strength advantage either

3. His success isn't solely based on scoring. He is a gritty two-way guy, who will likely get his chance with the Nucks, because he will be able to fill a bottom six role at first, then potentially get his

opportunity as a top six player due to a lineup shake up, or some line juggling...then you never know how he will respond.

just my optimistic two bits...

Archived