The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If you could describe your excitement from 1-10 on Horvat/Fox

Merci

Horvat 8

Fox 9

I am excited for Horvat as he is a well rounded player and pretty much guaranteed NHL. That said I feel like with him it is "what you see is what you get" and I have a hard time seeing him blow my expectations out of the water.

Fox on the other hand is such an interesting case. He has had somewhat of a tumultuous OHL career (expected to go 2nd round, not drafted, injuries, suspensions etc) but he finally got an opportunity to play a full season as an overager and absolutely dominated. With Fox we might be getting a 2nd line AHL player or a 30 goal NHLer. I am excited (and curious) to see how he pans out.

When someone mentions Dane Fox, I think Lonny Bohonos. A guy who went undrafted and led the WHL in scoring in his overage year. In the end, 19 NHL career goals in 83 NHL career games.

Lonny was a passive player nothing like Fox and if he would have had those 19 goals in one 82 game season he would have had a longer career.

Horvat will make the team and Fox will get called up mid season or sooner and never look back.

Excitement level is as it should be 9.9.

When someone mentions Dane Fox, I think Lonny Bohonos. A guy who went undrafted and led the WHL in scoring in his overage year. In the end, 19 NHL career goals in 83 NHL career games.

still more goals than everyone but 1 of our players this year....

I understand. But when the OP is talking about excitement levels reagrding this player, let's just make it clear that going undrafted and unsigned until he was 20 years old should indicate that he's nobody's hot prospect, and expectations should be tempered accordingly. :)

True, true

Shinkaruk was injuried this whole season, lost a year of his development. Don't set your expectations too high.

I will bet my lively hood on that kid scoring 50 goals + at least once in his NHL career, he is constantly over looked and constantly over performs. Also, he is still VERY young

1 ... nothing really excites me on this team if there isn't going to be any major changes in GM and Coach. Seriously, they will ruin his development or trade him just before he peaks.

You sir are correct!

Thank God we traded Hodgson right at his peak. He certainly hasn't got any better since. :lol:

Kassian sure has.

1 ... nothing really excites me on this team if there isn't going to be any major changes in GM and Coach. Seriously, they will ruin his development or trade him just before he peaks.

This statement is about as ignorant as they come.... How has the GM and Torts ruined the players development thus far in Van? This team has grown in leaps and bounds since the arrival of MG.... if anything, having our own farm team now will enhance all current and future prospects. MG DID THIS...we have him to thank!

Someone will undoubtably mention Coho and his back....but from my recollection, a multitude of doctors misdiagnosed him. Unless MG went to medical school and was the doctor who diagnosed him... how do you put the blame on a GM?

Don't you think you would be better off not making comments instead of showing everyone your complete ignorance?

No offense to you OP....

But how does everyone keep overlooking Gaunce???? I've read multiple posts,threads and future lines in regards to our prospects and most people keep overlooking Gaunce?????

This guy has skill, size, the IQ and most importantly...the heart of a true hockey player. The last game I read up on during the playoffs....Gaunce had a goal and two assists (maybe vice versa) for the win playing on the 3rd line, while the top lines got shut down.

Bo...has more upside cause of his skating abilities (not taking anything away from him), but Gaunce should not be overlooked cause he has some intangibles that are elite.

Back to your original post.... I'm on a 9 with Horvat, 9 with Fox, 9 with Gaunce and 8 with Cassels. It's been a long time since I've been hooked on watching our prospects and the farm....this would have been a tough year to get through without having any hope for our future :)

Archived