The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If you could describe your excitement from 1-10 on Horvat/Fox

Merci

It's hard to get excited about any prospects on this team because the management and coaching staff have always been so reluctant to give them any proper ice time and really give them an opportunity to make a difference.

If there was some guarantee that they were going to be given a fair chance to make the team next year and make an impact on the team I would say that I'm really excited for Fox. Sometimes these free-agent signings can totally be diamonds in the rough

When someone mentions Dane Fox, I think Lonny Bohonos. A guy who went undrafted and led the WHL in scoring in his overage year. In the end, 19 NHL career goals in 83 NHL career games.

I don't think his problem was scoring, judging by his record of goals in 83 games.... Fox does have a better two way game... Your comment helped me think fox is going to fair a bit better than I thought before, maybe from a 4 to a 5.5..

Fox - 7 (He would have to have one hell of a work ethic problem to not transfer some of that scoring to the next level.)

Horvat - 8

Shinkaruk - 6(big drop after his injury, i was really excited)

Cassels - 7(keeps improving)

Gaunce - 5

It's hard to get excited about any prospects on this team because the management and coaching staff have always been so reluctant to give them any proper ice time and really give them an opportunity to make a difference.

If there was some guarantee that they were going to be given a fair chance to make the team next year and make an impact on the team I would say that I'm really excited for Fox. Sometimes these free-agent signings can totally be diamonds in the rough

Look at Kassian and Jensen this year compared to what Av gave (Kass)... This is prob why they brought in torts, cause they knew we were going to go towards a youth movement and torts is historically great with kids... Look at the past with vigneaut.. Kids got no ice time to develop... No, I think the team will surprise you for the positive... Bet on it..

Look at Kassian and Jensen this year compared to what Av gave (Kass)... This is prob why they brought in torts, cause they knew we were going to go towards a youth movement and torts is historically great with kids... Look at the past with vigneaut.. Kids got no ice time to develop... No, I think the team will surprise you for the positive... Bet on it..

I don't think it has anything to do with coaching, AV would of done the same thing. When this team was healthy Torts was giving all the ice time to the vets, I would argue he was worse then AV who actually uses more of the bench.

What part of '...or trade him just before he peeks' don't you understand when it comes to GM's role.

How can I put it so that your IQ of 15 can understand easier?

I just think he's looking up to people with an IQ of 15. Least they can spell.

Sorry, but that's obvious comparison to me. There's a reason why he wasn't drafted, don't be oblivious to that substantial fact.

Whoa, chillout I wasn't even trying to be offensive. There's a lot of undrafted gems, that teams didn't draft. Ie, burrows and tanev. :)

Pre-Luongo trade 10.

Post-Luongo trade 7.

Not a reflection of BoHo alone. More of a disinterest with the Canucks.

The question is: do I want to invest another ten years waiting for the next Cup run...

Whoa, chillout I wasn't even trying to be offensive. There's a lot of undrafted gems, that teams didn't draft. Ie, burrows and tanev. :)

I understand. But when the OP is talking about excitement levels reagrding this player, let's just make it clear that going undrafted and unsigned until he was 20 years old should indicate that he's nobody's hot prospect, and expectations should be tempered accordingly. :)

Archived