The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks - Kings Saturday April 5th 7:00 PM

Alex the Great

Newsflash

the players are underperforming blame the coach all you want but the players are doing this to themselves the coach has been blamed for the last 3 years including this one this downward trend in stats has been going on for awhile now

Torts fell into the worst year possible top 6 players getting outplayed by bottom 6 on a nightly basis 17 back to backs compressed Olympic schedule multiple freak injuries everything that could go wrong has gone wrong and no matter what coach is behind the bench the result would of likely been the same

i have said this multiple times and i will continue to say this blame the coach blame the GM blame the bleeping waterboy all you want at some point the players need to be held responsible for this poor play and downward spiral for the last 3 years

Brad Richards in his last year with Torts says hi.

Knowledge of the NHL suggests that anytime a GM goes, the coach is gong to go. Typically when a new GM comes in he wants to pick 'his guy'.

If MG goes, you can bet Torts is going to go as well.

actually coaches do stay with teams after a GM goes and i doubt Aqua is going to pony up the cash for both Gillis and Torts

Knowledge of the NHL suggests that anytime a GM goes, the coach is gong to go. Typically when a new GM comes in he wants to pick 'his guy'.

If MG goes, you can bet Torts is going to go as well.

Thats why Torts will be going....Gillis next year if we fluck up.

not sure what the Myth is the Northwest Division was the weakest Division i don't care about other teams i am talking about Divisions here and how the Canucks went from the weakest to the strongest and the Canucks got exposed not being able to compete with Anahiem LA and SJ with Colorado Dallas and Phoenix getting better only teams they could beat up on were Calgary and Edmonton

Who cares if the Northwest was the weakest division.

The Central was the strongest and the Canucks absolutely dominated them, and every other division.

Playing in the Northwest did not provide the illusion that AV's Canucks were dominant - they were in fact dominant. Their record against all opponents have been posted many times on these boards. They were dominant, period.

Newsflash

the players are underperforming blame the coach all you want but the players are doing this to themselves the coach has been blamed for the last 3 years including this one this downward trend in stats has been going on for awhile now

i have said this multiple times and i will continue to say this blame the coach blame the GM blame the bleeping waterboy all you want at some point the players need to be held responsible for this poor play and downward spiral for the last 3 years

Gillis signs three more third liners and calls them first and second liners and the team keeps descending into the toilet. That is what has gone down and will keep going down until the player selection process improves the team.

You don't keep the second best players(Bieksa) and trade for third liners (Kassian and Booth) when the returns should have kept the team highly competitive.

The margin of error is tiny and this GM is not equipped to properly evaluate talent.

Is this the kind of exciting up tempo game we can expect next year if MG and Torts both stay?

Yep.... with a tonne of icings when we dump and change to early.

All this debate about whether Gillis or Torts goes, but for me the bottomline is that the hockey we're playing is tough to watch. I hate Healy, but he highlit what I can't stand.... players not trying to make plays instead deferring to dump over and over again.

not sure what the Myth is the Northwest Division was the weakest Division i don't care about other teams i am talking about Divisions here and how the Canucks went from the weakest to the strongest and the Canucks got exposed not being able to compete with Anahiem LA and SJ with Colorado Dallas and Phoenix getting better only teams they could beat up on were Calgary and Edmonton

In one of the Presidents years, we wasted the SJ

Archived