The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Im surprised the Red Sox are in last place in the East..they have a far better team than their record shows...I think their pitching has let them down this year but seems to be coming around lately...yep...going to be a tough series.

I was actually surprised to see that they're 6-4 in their last 10. (Same as the Jays) It seemed like they were even better than that.

I read (or heard) a really good point yesterday:

Although the Jays are technically still in a battle with the Yankees for first in the division, trying to hold someone off is a lot different than trying to catch someone, especially if a team is succeeding at either (or both). Being up by 3 or 4 games, it would be relatively easy for a subconscious letdown to creep into the Jays' collective psyche. That's why IMO, it's important that they have the Royals in their sights. (2 games back)

With a legitimate shot at first overall in the AL and considering the past history between the Jays and Royals, there is plenty of incentive for Toronto to keep playing hard, even against bottom feeders like the Braves and Red Sox.

The Jays' pitching worries me a bit in the upcoming series against the Bosox. Stroman, Dickey and Buehrle against Porcello, Miley and TBD.

Now none of the Red Sox starters inspires a lot of fear, but their hitters have been pretty good lately. I think we might see a lot of runs this weekend.

On a more positive note, that leaves Price and Estrada to face the Yankees in the first two games of their upcoming series. Price faces Tanaka, who always gives the Jays fits, but Girardi will be pitching him on four days rest twice in a row when facing the Jays, unless the Mets rough him up tonight and Giradi decides to push his start back to game two or three next week.

The Jays' pitching worries me a bit in the upcoming series against the Bosox. Stroman, Dickey and Buehrle against Porcello, Miley and TBD.

Now none of the Red Sox starters inspires a lot of fear, but their hitters have been pretty good lately. I think we might see a lot of runs this weekend.

On a more positive note, that leaves Price and Estrada to face the Yankees in the first two games of their upcoming series. Price faces Tanaka, who always gives the Jays fits, but Girardi will be pitching him on four days rest twice in a row when facing the Jays, unless the Mets rough him up tonight and Giradi decides to push his start back to game two or three next week.

I agree..although Porcello gave the Jays fits his last start against them but he has been anything but consistant..news is Travis is gone for the year..exploratory surgery to find out whats wrong with his shoulder area....looking at the standings I dont know if anyone is aware of theOs..they are creeping up...only 5 back of the Jays.

I agree..although Porcello gave the Jays fits his last start against them but he has been anything but consistant..news is Travis is gone for the year..exploratory surgery to find out whats wrong with his shoulder area....looking at the standings I dont know if anyone is aware of theOs..they are creeping up...only 5 back of the Jays.

I think you read that wrong, Shaky. They're 12 back of the Jays, but 4.5 games back of the 'Stros for the second Wild Card.