The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Texas playing good baseball, blue jays trying to play home run derby
playoff home runs are harder to hit..

Pretty much the truth. Jim Kaat and Zaun both mentioned it.

The biggest culprit was Martin. Colabello leads off with a single and the pitcher does an excellent job of keeping Pompey off balance at first. (It looked like he wanted to go a couple of times, but shut it down because he didn't get a good jump) Martin has to try and shoot that ball through the hole between 1st and 2nd. (Something he is perfectly capable of doing) Instead, he swings for the fences...

They have to adjust to the conditions. I get it. You are upset cuz you think they are getting shafted but this is how baseball always is. Umping has a human element and the players know that not all umps call the game the same. The calls on the field, that's another story.

Agreed. And according to their version of Pitch Tracker, the ump was right most of the time. The real issue was that the war room didn't get the call right at second.

Guess they shouldn't have partied like they won the ???? World Series when they clinched the AL East title . Lost 6 of 7 since

Every team that made the post season partied. This is a case of looking for something to blame for the loss. They lost because they didn't have it tonight, (at least when it counted) not because of a celebration over a week ago. In fact, I'd put thios loss more in the mental column than the physical one.

Probably the best gake I could have ever gone to. Just wow. Game had it all. Offense, defense, hitting, pitching, extra's, momentum shifts, ...just in aw.

Atmosphere was insane inside the dome and yet again, it was closed. Obviously unfortunate got the loss but man did this game have everything. Stroman was locked in and Hamels as well after the runs came in and they got settled in.

Although the umps torched the reviewed call and should have been called out for the 3rd out the last inning, shouldn't have been in the hands of the umps in the first place. Offense had so many chances to win it and couldn't. That's on them, pitching was excellent. A couple close foul balls to being HRs and EE hitting one to the very end of the warning track. Crowd was electric and chants all fake long. Still choked umps cost the game. Pretty much need to be perfect to comeback. Regardless of what happens, couldn't be any more happy of these Jays. Stole the hearts of an entire nation and their first taste and postseason play. Touched down in TO at 8am, got a few hours to hang around and game time. Now off to NY in the morning for the Rangers/Jets and catch a Phillt football game.

image_zps8wwqg6sy.jpg

Love this team. Unbelievable experience. If the Jays can win 2 at Texas, I'll be going back to TO with a few others who tagged along with me for game 5. Uphill battle but still believe. Bats have to do what they have all year if they want a chance. Not to mention the confrontation and benches clearing...game literally had it all. Nice to see so many other BCers come down as well!

<3

Naw, I'm not upset, because I think Estrada can beat Perry in game 3, then I have a feeling they'd short rest Price and Have him go game 4. If Estrada wins, we're right back in this thing. I just found that Tulo got a couple crapty calls but I know that sometimes umps will call strikes that are in or when they are high, but usually they are consistent. They will continually call that inside strike... But I found that when latroy was up the strike zone tightened. I also thought that with Price yesterday. But yes I'll agree that the bats have to be better. This was the worst time for the big bats to go cold. Hopefully they all get hot as frack in game 3.

They have to adjust to the conditions. I get it. You are upset cuz you think they are getting shafted but this is how baseball always is. Umping has a human element and the players know that not all umps call the game the same. The calls on the field, that's another story.

Naw, I'm not upset, because I think Estrada can beat Perry in game 3, then I have a feeling they'd short rest Have him go game 4. If Estrada wins, we're right back in this thing. I just found that Tulo got a couple $&!#ty calls but I know that sometimes umps will call strikes that are in or when they are high, but usually they are consistent. They will continually call that inside strike... But I found that when latroy was up the strike zone tightened. I also thought that with Price yesterday. But yes I'll agree that the bats have to be better. This was the worst time for the big bats to go cold. Hopefully they all get hot as &^@# in game 3.

Edited by Standing_Tall#37

Probably the best gake I could have ever gone to. Just wow. Game had it all. Offense, defense, hitting, pitching, extra's, momentum shifts, ...just in aw.

Atmosphere was insane inside the dome and yet again, it was closed. Obviously unfortunate got the loss but man did this game have everything. Stroman was locked in and Hamels as well after the runs came in and they got settled in.

Although the umps torched the reviewed call and should have been called out for the 3rd out the last inning, shouldn't have been in the hands of the umps in the first place. Offense had so many chances to win it and couldn't. That's on them, pitching was excellent. A couple close foul balls to being HRs and EE hitting one to the very end of the warning track. Crowd was electric and chants all fake long. Still choked umps cost the game. Pretty much need to be perfect to comeback. Regardless of what happens, couldn't be any more happy of these Jays. Stole the hearts of an entire nation and their first taste and postseason play. Touched down in TO at 8am, got a few hours to hang around and game time. Now off to NY in the morning for the Rangers/Jets and catch a Phillt football game.

image_zps8wwqg6sy.jpg

Love this team. Unbelievable experience. If the Jays can win 2 at Texas, I'll be going back to TO with a few others who tagged along with me for game 5. Uphill battle but still believe. Bats have to do what they have all year if they want a chance. Not to mention the confrontation and benches clearing...game literally had it all. Nice to see so many other BCers come down as well!

<3

Didn't know you were at the game!! I wish I knew it would have been nice to meet up

Jays seem happy to just be in the playoffs. Winning AL East was their World Series and how they partied afterwards.

Price is winless in the playoffs and he looks nothing like ace form regular season. He can't handle the pressure. Let him walk and not like Toronto had any kind of a chance to keep him anyway.

Gibbons needs to fired too.

Jays seem happy to just be in the playoffs. Winning AL East was their World Series and how they partied afterwards.

Price is winless in the playoffs and he looks nothing like ace form regular season. He can't handle the pressure. Let him walk and not like Toronto had any kind of a chance to keep him anyway.

Gibbons needs to fired too.

Wow.

Fans on Jays FB are all blaming the umpires for today's loss. Stop complaining about the umps. The blame is on the entire team and player's. Umps do seem to have it out for Jays because they've probably been told they don't want to see Canada winning another World Series. Like in 1994 lockout when Montreal had the best record in the league and chances are they would have won World Series and that would been 3 World Series straight to Canada.

Didn't know you were at the game!! I wish I knew it would have been nice to meet up

Damn totally would've. For whatever reason I thought you were going for game 1 and note 2.

And yea most upsetting thing is it's video review. It's there to make the right call. If you have it readily available and still can't make the right call, what's the point of it especially in a playoff series? smh, that was really disappointing. Upset that the offense couldn't finish the game off though. So close :sadno:

Not surprised at this situation.

Jays showed all the wrong signs when they partied like they were already champs, for simply winning their division. Manager should have kept the champagne out of the dressing room and put their heads into the reality that they had only made a start... not won it all.

The facts also were... they were on a hot streak... and hot streaks end.

Unfortunately for them, it happened to end a couple games before the season finished.

Their big bats are cold as ice.

This was not helped by Gibbons resting the vets as soon as the division was won... you don't do that unless your team already has the Pennant locked up. The team didn't need rest.

Then he compounded that by putting in Buelke for the last game, just to try to get him 200 innings... wrong again, you play to win, use your best option, not a tired pitcher.

So they end the season on a down note... and that leads into the playoffs.

They could still recover, but winning three straight is not easy.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*