The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

35 minutes ago, b3. said:

Atkins confirms that Sanchez is going to the pen.

I am still puzzled as to why you would move Sanchez out of the rotation at this stage of the season when it is the final stretch towards the playoffs? He has been one of the most dominant in the league so far. Unless it is to save him up for the playoffs and reduce the number of innings pitched?

If it was me, I would remove Dickey instead. He has been below average.

Well, if you are replacing Sanchez with Liriano in the starting rotation then that is a risky move at this stage.

Edited by van_ws

5 minutes ago, van_ws said:

I am still puzzled as to why you would move Sanchez out of the rotation at this stage of the season when it is the final stretch towards the playoffs? He has been one of the most dominant in the league so far. Unless it is to save him up for the playoffs and reduce the number of innings pitched?

If it was me, I would remove Dickey instead. He has been below average.

Well, if you are replacing Sanchez with Liriano in the starting rotation then that is a risky move at this stage.

I think you answered your own question 

Marty York is just a horrible person that thinks that in order to not be perceived as a 'fan' reporter you have to be as negative as possible.

What he doesn't seem to understand is that being a fan and being solely negative both are due to the same underlying problem: a lack of objectivity. He essentially suffers from the exact same problem that he cries about when he is up on his high horse.

• Upvote 1

So is this what the starting rotation and bullpen look like now?

SR:
Stroman 
Estrada
Happ
Liriano 
Dickey

BP:
Sanchez
Grilli
Biagini
Feldman
Benoit
Osuna

Pitching staff looks better than it did yesterday, especially if Liriano can bring back the stats he had previously with Martin. Wish they added Smith but it is what it is.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

So is this what the starting rotation and bullpen look like now?

SR:
Stroman 
Estrada
Happ
Liriano 
Dickey

BP:
Sanchez
Grilli
Biagini
Feldman
Benoit
Osuna

Pitching staff looks better than it did yesterday, especially if Liriano can bring back the stats he had previously with Martin. Wish they added Smith but it is what it is.

If Liriano gets back his edge..it looks pretty good with Sanchez going to the pen..I also like picking up Reese McGuire..this organization needs another rated catcher and McGuire was a 14th overall in 2013...21 years old with upside.

Agree with Zaun's take that these moves aren't enough to put the team over the top.  They will need the existing team to step it up a notch to be true WS threats.  Fortunately I do think these team has more to give to be good enough to win it all.

Feeling a little disappointed that this was all that could be pulled off, but looking at the market and what the Jays had to offer, it was probably all that could be sensibly done.

12 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Agree with Zaun's take that these moves aren't enough to put the team over the top.  They will need the existing team to step it up a notch to be true WS threats.  Fortunately I do think these team has more to give to be good enough to win it all.

Feeling a little disappointed that this was all that could be pulled off, but looking at the market and what the Jays had to offer, it was probably all that could be sensibly done.

you just knew there was no big name coming the Jays way..it was all lesser lights and projects..I wasnt surprised at all..although Liriano was one of the top pitchers in the league a few years ago...even last year was good.

Im concerned about this series,,they dont play the Astros well..I hope we turn that around..

I remember in the late 80s I went to a game at the AstroDome..what a thrill that was,,saw Nolan pitch...Phil Garner,,Jose Cruz......the top level they had the worlds largest bar...with dancing.....Houston is a fun town..went to Gilleys after the game in Pasadena Texas which is like Vancouver to Burnaby...fun times.

• Upvote 1

Whats this all about....

Yasiel Puig: Dodgers Outfielder Told by Team Not to Accompany Club on MLB Trade Deadline, Agent Says
Puig's agent told Fox Sports that Puig was not at the stadium because he was told not to accompany the team since he "likely would be demoted" Tuesday if he was not traded before Monday's deadline.

23 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Im concerned about this series,,they dont play the Astros well..I hope we turn that around..

I remember in the late 80s I went to a game at the AstroDome..what a thrill that was,,saw Nolan pitch...Phil Garner,,Jose Cruz......the top level they had the worlds largest bar...with dancing.....Houston is a fun town..went to Gilleys after the game in Pasadena Texas which is like Vancouver to Burnaby...fun times.

Man, how I would have loved to been in your shoes. What a treat that would be to see the best pitcher of all time work. Tip of the hat to you my friend.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Man, how I would have loved to been in your shoes. What a treat that would be to see the best pitcher of all time work. Tip of the hat to you my friend.

Yeah...it was a thrill..we were there to do the Edmonton Drillers indoor soccer game against Houston....it all worked out...even got into the media room and had that Texas prime rib..lol.