The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

2 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

&^@#ing blowing it. What the hell is wrong with this team lately.

Their not scoring enough runs...the pitchers are out there on their own and when they break down the Jays have no answer back...they are frittering these winnable games away.

• Upvote 1

There is no way this so called playoff team should be losing this series to LAA..I said it before..the Jays play bottom feeders like they dont care..LAA had won 1 game in their last 11 coming in....these games are going to bite the Jays in the arse..and Tampa next who they always play badly.

Edited by ShakyWalton
  • Upvote 1

Imo skip should've left biagini in and let him fix what he gave up, idc if there's a lefty coming up if you want to win keep the better pitcher in, that is not Cecil. If you want to give Cecil confidence put him in a blowout game and let him pitch an inning.

Cecil is done, send him down a young lefty has a better chance at this point. Wish the cheap @$$ Jays went after Chapman, that's a lefty a team like this needs. 

Overall brutal series just pathetic to lose to bottom feeders, as bad as our bullpen is, the bats were just trash this series they are to blame. Only good thing I got from today's game was Upton was seeing the ball great, and looked dangerous at the plate all game, good sign for him, still think he should be leading off.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ShakyWalton said:

Another loss coming up...wasted game and series..what else can you say...this team is really pi&&ing me off lately.

Try being at the Rogers Centre with a closed dome meaning no air circulation then add little kids being roudy af. Didn't have a good time tonight.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Cecil is done, send him down a young lefty has a better chance at this point. Wish the cheap @$$ Jays went after Chapman, that's a lefty a team like this needs. 

Overall brutal series just pathetic to lose to bottom feeders, as bad as our bullpen is, the bats were just trash this series they are to blame. Only good thing I got from today's game was Upton was seeing the ball great, and looked dangerous at the plate all game, good sign for him, still think he should be leading off.

Cheap ass Jays? The same owners who allowed us to trade for Liriano to rebuild the farm?  Money had nothing to do with Chapman. Did you not see what NYY traded Chapman for? We don't have those expendable pieces anymore because AA butchered the farm, especially to make a trade with a long time division rival. 

2 hours ago, van_ws said:

Jays are just crap to watch these days. They need to turn the ship around, this is getting embarrassing.

The main problem is they aren't scoring enough runs to win games or their bullpen continues to suck.

Honestly it's not just our team. Look at the Red Sox page and fan comments after a loss. They have the same feelings. All 3 of TOR/BOS/BAL are choking and none of them are taking the opportunity given to them.

Edited by Xbox
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, oldnews said:

That's baseball.  162 games.  Every team lays eggs for stretches.

You can't guarantee anything in baseball. If you have a couple of good/elite hitters and decent pitching like the Angels have with Trout and Pujols you can't take them for granted. 

I really didn't understand the Biagini swap for Cecil. Lefty against lefty but ignore the stats apparently, they were saying after the game the batter he faced was actually worse against right handed pitchers statistically. Biagini was actually in control and striking guys out. Cecil, the last time I saw him anyway, blew a lead by allowing a home run.

From what I've seen Biagini is our most skilled reliever (besides maybe Osuna) right now. Pulling him out seemed foolish. Judging by the comments here it isn't just me, I feel the most confident that we'll get outs by a reliever if he's in there than anyone else really. (Grilli has been good too).

Anyway, definitely a frustrating game to watch. I literally turned it on after work right when it was the 6th inning. "Oh great, 2-0 Jays" I thought. Then... yeah...