The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

4 hours ago, Down by the River said:

I'm not certain that anyone should have been running in that situation, especially not Kirk, who not only arrived late, but completely missed the base on the slide lol. 

As a random aside, I've been in Quebec the last couple weeks and the French broadcast is phenomenal. 

TBH, I don't think the 2B even looks over at third if that weren't Kirk....or possibly Belt. I think even DJ makes it....

8 hours ago, shiznak said:

Kind of interesting, the Blue Jays selected SS Arjun Nimmala. He becomes the first player ever of Indian descent to get drafted.

I was wondering about that. I actually would have thought there would be more, considering the similarities with Cricket....

• Upvote 1

So, apparently after the HR Derby last night, ESPN showed a graphic that called him the 2nd "Cuban-born" Derby champion. (Yoenis Cespedes was the first, in case you were wondering)

Of course, anyone that follows the Guerrero's knows that the family is from the Dominican Republic....and anyone that follows Vlad Jr. knows that he was actually born in Montreal....:rolleyes:

I was going to blame this screw up on the recent layoffs at ESPN, but from what I can tell, most of the people lets go were, NBA and NFL analysts.....

• Upvote 1

Dammit! :angry:

Just read that Kevin Gausman has been scratched from today's start due to "left side tightness"....On a day when the D-Backs have their All-Star, Zac Gallen on the hill...

Jackson pitched yesterday, so I'm guessing he gets optioned to Buffalo and Bowden Francis gets called up....unless the Jays decide to move Chris Bassit up a day....

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Pears said:

Only Mitch White can make a 5 run lead unnecessarily stressful lol god I can’t wait for Ryu and Green to come back so we don’t have to see this bum anymore. 

Can't wait to have this bum DFA'ed... what a garbage trade by Shatkins. As long as they get rid of White and Cimber the bullpen isn't too bad. If you can't even trust them to mop up in a blowout without calling on someone else then they are useless.

• Like 1

With the trade deadline a few weeks away, rumour has it the Jays are interested in bringing back Stroman.

If that happens, they easily have the deepest rotation, in baseball.

Gausman

Stroman

Bassitt

Berrios

Manoah/Kikuchi

Bullpen long arm: Ryu/Manoah/Kikuchi

14 minutes ago, shiznak said:

With the trade deadline a few weeks away, rumour has it the Jays are interested in bringing back Stroman.

If that happens, they easily have the deepest rotation, in baseball.

Gausman

Stroman

Bassitt

Berrios

Manoah/Kikuchi

Bullpen long arm: Ryu/Manoah/Kikuchi

At this point, I'm scared of letting Shatkins make any more trades.  Let whoever replaces them in the offseason have a fighting chance of reshaping this group into a contender.

Off day for the Jays who are

53-41, 6 games behind Tampa for first, and plus one game for a wild card spot.

Jays have gone 8-2, in comparison to Tampa's 3-7 over the last 10 games.

Seeing Marcus Stroman's name come up as a potential trade-in more spots than just this, forum.

Marcus is 10-6, with a 2.88 Era, 118.2 innings pitched, allowing 87 hits and 6 homers.

Been in the bigs for 11 or 12 seasons, depending if you count the covid year.

BTW guys, I wouldn't get too worked up about Mitch White. He's not much more than a placeholder at this point and is likely to be sent down when Hyun Jin Ryu returns, which after a promising start in Buffalo, (5 innings, 3 hits, 1 run, 5 Ks, 0 Walks) looks like it could happen soon.

• Upvote 3

44-50 Padres at 53-41 Jays, game time 4:07

Probable pitchers

Musgrove 8-2, 3.29 Era,79 So

Manoah    2-7, 5.91 Era, 56 So

Jays now 5.5 games behind Tampa for first, and have a +1 game hold on a wild card spot.