The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Of course not. Tulo batting lead off has run its course in my opinion. Maybe batting lower in the order for a while wouldn't be such a bad thing.

If it was hurting us I'd agree but it isn't.

That gives him time to adjust.

If we were having trouble scoring then I wouldn't be against it but right now we can be patient.

If it was hurting us I'd agree but it isn't.

That gives him time to adjust.

If we were having trouble scoring then I wouldn't be against it but right now we can be patient.

Just have to leave Tulo in the leadoff spot and let him figure it out. Show confidence in him to get his bat back. I mean, it's not like we desperately need him to figure his offense out NOW.

Edited by BM24

I swear Hutch has horseshoes up his rear. There can't be another pitcher in baseball with 10+ wins and an ERA that high.

Pretty sure Hutch has the most run support in the league, at least last time I heard. Pretty ridiculous. It's why you don't judge on wins/losses.

It's broken.

Not really.

Tulowitzki is hitting .207 - in a (short term) slump - and yet his obp is still .316 in that span, drew 9 walks, scored 18 runs in 21 games for Toronto...

If you project that over a full season that is 139 runs scored - unreal production - despite the slump.

When you look at Revere's obp and slugging % the sum total is quite comparable despite his .273 ba. in 19 games at a Blue Jay.

Have a look at the Angels at present and you might think their #2 spot is broken - but in reality, Trout is an MVP candidate who is simply having a dismal stretch. It happens to everyone. You don't alter your perspective regarding a player based on 80 at bats.

Traditional baseball logic says that you lead with your best combination of speed/average, follow with bat control (a contact hitter that is also a capable sacrifice bunter), and then let the heart of your order clean up, but there's equally sound thinking behind the newer 'outside the box' approaches of some teams.

Batting Trout in the 2 spot is similarly odd relative to traditional thinking, but there's a strong case to be made for forcing a starter to face your best right out of the gate, and enabling your best hitters to potentially get another plate appearance in the late innings as a result of moving up a few spots in the order.

I think it's become more of a situational/contingent logic. If you have Tim Raines in your lineup, perhaps you're more inclined to think traditionally, but either way, I certainly wouldn't call what the Jays have gotten out of their leadoff spot since the deadline to be "broken."

Edited by oldnews