The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah, you'd expect the fastball and they'd generally try and hit him in the wallet.

Good thing for the earpiece...

I gotta say, although I understand JD's anger, I really didn't like the way he treated George Pulis after the plunking. George was just doing his job and didn't deserve that.

Well Herrerra could probably still hurt you with the change up :P

and unfortunately I didn't see the 9th inning, had to pop out- what happened?

10 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Well Herrerra could probably still hurt you with the change up :P

and unfortunately I didn't see the 9th inning, had to pop out- what happened?

Travis took Hererra deep, then Benoit closed out the Royals, in spite of a Barney throwing error that put a man on second with no outs...

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Travis took Hererra deep, then Benoit closed out the Royals, in spite of a Barney throwing error that put a man on second with no outs...

His 2nd error on almost the exact same play...the firste error cost Liriano a run..but it was unearned.

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

There was 1 out when the throwing error happened I think, first batter hit one near the warning track.  Doubt they would've tried to steal 3rd with no outs.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

There was 1 out when the throwing error happened I think, first batter hit one near the warning track.  Doubt they would've tried to steal 3rd with no outs.

You're probably right. I was going from memory.

It was a dumb play, either way.

1 minute ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

I'm telling you Travis has potential to be the best 2nd baseman we've ever had.

absolutely...this guy can flat out hit...and you have to remember he missed almost 3/4 of last year..if he was healthy all year he would have definitely won rookie of the year...no doubt about it.

2 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

I'm telling you Travis has potential to be the best 2nd baseman we've ever had.

Better than Alomar?  I'd take that, start getting Travis ready for McCain Punch commercials :P

4 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

I forgot about him too..lol

Interesting to note Travis' fielding this year is at .988 and on a full season without injury he'd be on pace for 100+ runs, 180+ hits and 25 or so homeruns. He might not be as good as Alomar was but if he can keep that up for 6 or 7 seasons you'd have to put him in the conversation... But that's a long time.

13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Heh, how much are the Tigers regretting the Travis for Gose trade now?

Jays fans should be blessed for that Tigers and Rangers swap of Ian Kinsler for Prince Fielder. That trade essentially forced the tigers to try to move their top 2nd basemen prospect to the outfield where Travis couldn't play effectively and made him expendable for a prospect that could play outfield. The timing of everything worked out brilliantly!

4 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Jays fans should be blessed for that Tigers and Rangers swap of Ian Kinsler for Prince Fielder. That trade essentially forced the tigers to try to move their top 2nd basemen prospect to the outfield where Travis couldn't play effectively and made him expendable for a prospect that could play outfield. The timing of everything worked out brilliantly!

Then, too boot, Pillar decided to turn into a full time MLBer with a ++ glove, making losing some depth at a critical position incredibly easy to take.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I saw the highlights of that, bad error by Barney but a great pick and tag on that play at third to pick himself up. What did JD do to Pulis though?