The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Just now, Sean Monahan said:

I saw the highlights of that, bad error by Barney but a great pick and tag on that play at third to pick himself up. What did JD do to Pulis though?

Watch the video that Shaky posted. He slaps the towel out of Pulis' hand, when George was just trying to do his job.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Well, I guess we saw the Liriano that Russell remembered. Looked pretty good and another quality start for a Jays' pitcher. From what I've read, the third time through an order is where he tends to run into trouble and yesterday was not an exception.

That being said, if he can continue to give the team what he did yesterday, the trade will be a win for the Jays.

The Jays still aren't hitting like the Jays, but it looks like it's slowly coming around. Pretty impressive that Travis was abler to turn Hererra around. I don't know what that pitch was on the gun, but it was likely in the high 90s...

As Shaky said, the Royals pitchers throwing at opposing hitters is getting old, but I think in this case, the pitch just got away from him. Look at the reaction from Sal Perez. He was genuinely concerned about JD.

Sanchez on the bump tonight. Hopefully they keep the win streak going.

EDIT: most of my post was already covered in earlier pages.

I really like Perez as a catcher. I think there is a bit of divide between the Royals infield/outfield and the pitching staff. There are too many wildcards in the pen and in the starting rotation. The third game of this series is going to be interesting. You have Ventura starting, KC well out of a wildcard spot. If the game gets out of hand, I think the writing is on the wall. He's going to throw at a guy, probably Bautista or Donaldson, and one of those two will rush the mound. We saw Machado's reaction and subsequent suspension, hopefully that won't happen to the Jays.

Now that Ventura isn't pitching particularly well I could see Yost's patience for his antics wearing thin.

Edited by Down by the River

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

EDIT: most of my post was already covered in earlier pages.

I really like Perez as a catcher. I think there is a bit of divide between the Royals infield/outfield and the pitching staff. There are too many wildcards in the pen and in the starting rotation. The third game of this series is going to be interesting. You have Ventura starting, KC well out of a wildcard spot. If the game gets out of hand, I think the writing is on the wall. He's going to throw at a guy, probably Bautista or Donaldson, and one of those two will rush the mound. We saw Machado's reaction and subsequent suspension, hopefully that won't happen to the Jays.

I think it'll happen, Ventura is a clown. He needs to get ktfo.

6 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Smoak/Upton back-to-back. Please never again. Upton has been subtraction by addition thus far.

Smoak needs to be a depth guy next year. Yea he's got good defense but his at bats are painful to watch. 

25 minutes ago, Pears said:

Smoak needs to be a depth guy next year. Yea he's got good defense but his at bats are painful to watch. 

I have a feeling the Jays are not even going to try to re-sign EE. If they were, they'd start trying to make him happier by playing him at first a little more. He's fine defensively. 

what a fall from grace,...what happened to him...did he have Tommy John?

Tim Lincecum: Los Angeles Angels Designate 2-Time Cy Young Award Winning Pitcher for Assignment
The Angels are hopeful that Lincecum will accept a demotion to the minor leagues and stay in the organization, according to reports. Lincecum has a 9.16 ERA this season.
Edited by ShakyWalton