The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

4 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

I just realized that Bautista is on the DL. Maybe he's the problem. He goes on DL and the bats wake up. It seemed they struggled once he got back from his previous stint. 

some of the bats have woken up...certainly not not Saunders or Smoaks.

Just now, ShakyWalton said:

Upton has stolen 3 bases so far tonight

I think it's understandable.  You come to a new club - surrounded by heavy bats - and he looked like he was trying too hard to produce.

If he starts hitting though - with Travis ripping everything and the usual death row in the lineup.... deadly b.o.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

Saunders SOs are through the roof..Im finding it hard with this guy now...I like him but his at bats are so futile lately its unreal.

I know exactly what you mean it has become frustrating, it sucks because I know how good of a hitter he is but what he has been doing lately is just brutal. It's making me think of wanting someone else in instead of him and that sucks.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I know exactly what you mean it has become frustrating, it sucks because I know how good of a hitter he is but what he has been doing lately is just brutal. It's making me think of wanting someone else in instead of him and that sucks.

Thats exactly where I am with him..he was hitting so well and now he cant get on base unless its a walk...he has been sitting at 19 HRs for over a month now...I dont know why his at bats have gone south so bad...3 more SOs tonight..he must be pushing 40 in the last 22 games and his batting average has fallen like a rock..he was hitting over 300 at the allstar break...now he is under 270.

Edited by ShakyWalton
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

Yep...The Jays are all alone in first place. 

And yet it feels like it shouldn't be.  Not sure what it is exactly.  Could be the difference in offence.  Last year, the bats were just so much fun to watch, anything less just seems like they're not firing on all cylinders.  Whereas pitching, I think, especially good starting pitching, can be taken for granted and totally has this year.  This staff has just gone out there and attacked the zone without making many mistakes.

It does beg the question, is this years team better?  There is no doubt it could be better, the bats still have last years potential while the rotation is WAY better.  It just seems this year that there aren't nearly as many "easy" games.  I think some of that is the schedule, it has seemed quite often they'll face teams riding a hot streak.  I guess it's all good experience.  I think the Jays inexperienced showed in the playoffs last year, only Stroman and Estrada were having any luck at grinding out games.  Now, except for some small-ball deficiencies, this team is much better and grinding out wins as it seems they've been doing it a lot more regularly this season.