The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

2 hours ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Well at least Upton Jr. is starting to get on base now. That last play could have almost been a bock. I like the fact though that BJ gave it his all and made that play at second close. He was caught on the lead... Very hard to get a lead on a lefty.

I think he's trying a bit too hard to make a difference. He was caught stealing/picked off a game or two ago as well.

In that situation, I'd rather have Ceciliani bunt him over to second and then have him steal third.

Edited by RUPERTKBD

A small thing from yesterday's game, but worth noting, IMO.

When Martin made his outstanding catch of the foul ball yesterday, it was gratifying to see Evan Gattis lunge to catch him as he rolled along the dugout fence. In a lot of ball parks, the opposition will just get out of the way, but there was Gattis, ready to help if needed.

Class move. The 'Stros are a tough team to dislike.

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

A small thing from yesterday's game, but worth noting, IMO.

When Martin made his outstanding catch of the foul ball yesterday, it was gratifying to see Evan Gattis lunge to catch him as he rolled along the dugout fence. In a lot of ball parks, the opposition will just get out of the way, but there was Gattis, ready to help if needed.

Class move. The 'Stros are a tough team to dislike.

Same thing happened a few weeks ago when Martin went to catch a ball in the opponents dug out. Guys on the other team stopped him from falling over and Smoak helped him up from the otherside.