The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

1 hour ago, YummyCakeFace said:

How often does that happen anymore?  Pitchers and teams have adjusted. He hasn't.  Reality bites doesn't it?

30 doubles, 36 home runs, and 107 RBIs. His average is above 260 so he's not either hitting a home run or striking out. I do not want him changing his approach at the plate, hitting a baseball is hard, he is going to hit into an out from time to time.

30 minutes ago, Tony Romo said:

30 doubles, 36 home runs, and 107 RBIs. His average is above 260 so he's not either hitting a home run or striking out. I do not want him changing his approach at the plate, hitting a baseball is hard, he is going to hit into an out from time to time.

It's not time to time anymore. Like I said, teams and pitchers have adjusted down the stretch. He has not. Teams are absolutely gifting him opposite field opportunities. A hitter of his skill would easily be hitting .300 if he went with it. Nope. Gotta try and yank everything out of the yard. Hitters that don't adjust their approach in the playoffs get shut down.  I guess we'll see what happens when that time comes. Cheers!

2 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

If he's hitting for a 300+ average he likely doesn't have the same home run/rbi production. He's hitting all these bombs because he's looking to hit a ball 400+ feet to left field/left centre, not because he's looking to spray the ball around.

Yep. Let's see if he gets the same opportunities to pull those bombs out of the park come playoffs.  I'm not watching the game. Missed his hit. 

Edited by YummyCakeFace

5 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

These bottom feeder games have produced the grand total of 1 win..they always play crappy against those teams...games they should be padding their lead on end up losses.

Just to update this..counting the houston game...Angels and Rays series so far  2 wins in 8 games.

Edited by ShakyWalton