The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Just now, Sean Monahan said:

How'd that start? I turned it on during Tulo's AB in the bottom of the first. Did I miss something?

Severino hit JD in the first...then Happ hit Headly...then Severino hit Smoak...Sabatthia should be tossed..mouthing off and right in the middle of both scrums..love to see JD nail him

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Sean Monahan said:

How'd that start? I turned it on during Tulo's AB in the bottom of the first. Did I miss something?

I believe Donaldson got hit in the 1st(missed that) then Happ throw behind Headley and then hit him next pitch. Benches got a warning, then Severino throw inside to Smoak and then hit him the next pitch

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Well let's be honest here if you knew our closer at all he has a flat straight fastball which causes a lot of deep fly balls, so all it takes is one home run and the game is tied, why risk taking your best hitter out of the game in a 1 run game when your closer is known for giving up deep fly balls. Gibby has a problem and has for ever reading situations as the game progresses, and he has a horrible time reading his own players in what they are doing. Osuna is no Mariano Rivera here, yes he's good, but not great at this time of the year your putting a lot of trust in your closer and not thinking of the worst case scenario, personally I wouldn't of taken Bautista out because your never know especially when your playing the Yankees. 

I know him better than you, apparently.

35 out of 39 saves. No manager ever plans for a guy with those kind of numbers to fail.

You've really made a point of trying to hang blame on Gibby this season and in some cases I agree that he's made mistakes. But blaming a manager for expecting a closer with Osuna's numbers to get the job done is a pure case of 20/20 hindsight.

7 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Great pitching from layne getting out of the jam that Dellin put us in yet again, he has been a great pick up. Despite us not making the playoffs (barring a miracle), it was great to show fight in the ninth and will bode well for us in the future.

Get outta here!!!

im kidding

• Upvote 1