The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

http://m.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article/214454876/vlad-guerrero-jr-ranked-on-top-100-prospects/

Here's an update on our top prospects rankings on the top 100 prospects in all of baseball, with Vladdy Guerrero  Jr. being ranked the highest at No. 34 while Reid Foley comes in at No. 64, with Alford and Urena coming in at No. 70 and 94 respectively. Hope these guys continue to climb up the ranks as they're going to be a key part of the team's future. 

On 1/29/2017 at 2:20 PM, Standing_Tall#37 said:

" Davis is actually a pretty good deal at 161 million" ..... said no one ever. 

" Chris Davis is an honest player and definitely not a cheater" said no one ever after he tested positive for a banned substance. 

"Chris Davis is a leader on our Baltimore Orioles" ... said no one ever.

• Upvote 2

On 1/29/2017 at 2:53 AM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Add Chris Davis to the list of Baltimore players/fans who don't like Bautista LOL, glad Bautista is back even more tbh.

Orioles' Davis rips Bautista: 'He's a guy who's easy to dislike'

A new chapter in the ongoing feud between Bautista and the Orioles was written on Saturday afternoon thanks to Baltimore's star slugger, Chris Davis. While speaking to fans at the Orioles' annual FanFest, Davis took a moment to rip into the Toronto Blue Jays' star outfielder, who's long been one of the most detested athletes among Baltimore's sports fans.

"He's actually a pretty good dude - said no one ever," Davis quipped, according to Jon Solomon of CBS Sports. "... He's a guy who's easy to dislike."

http://www.thescore.com/news/1219372

While I disagree with the way Chis Davis went about this interview, he isn't wrong.

19 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

http://m.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article/214454876/vlad-guerrero-jr-ranked-on-top-100-prospects/

Here's an update on our top prospects rankings on the top 100 prospects in all of baseball, with Vladdy Guerrero  Jr. being ranked the highest at No. 34 while Reid Foley comes in at No. 64, with Alford and Urena coming in at No. 70 and 94 respectively. Hope these guys continue to climb up the ranks as they're going to be a key part of the team's future. 

Really thought Alford would've been rated higher, seems like Vladdy has been doing well for himself though. 

8 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Just heard on Tim and Sid that the Jays have signed JP Howell to a 1 year deal. He had a sub 2 ERA. Here's hoping he becomes a valuable part of our bullpen this season

The sub 2.0 ERA was in 2015. Last season it was slightly over 4.0.

Still, big swings in ERA isn't all that uncommon for relievers and I'm okay with his lifetime ERA of 3.77. Howell has a pretty good SO/BB ratio (about 3/1) and a decent WHIP of 1.4.

Looks like a solid replacement for Cecil. I'll be interested to see what the money is.

15 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The sub 2.0 ERA was in 2015. Last season it was slightly over 4.0.

Still, big swings in ERA isn't all that uncommon for relievers and I'm okay with his lifetime ERA of 3.77. Howell has a pretty good SO/BB ratio (about 3/1) and a decent WHIP of 1.4.

Looks like a solid replacement for Cecil. I'll be interested to see what the money is.

1 year @ 3million. Doesn't say if there's any bonus' or anything. 

15 hours ago, numb3r 16 said:

yea while striking out 400 times?

Was really hoping they'd sign Saunders so they can have Davis-Trumbo-Saunders so they can have the strikeout kings lol. At least Bautista only strikes out from strikes :lol:

• Upvote 1

http://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1205139-al-east-report-cards-grading-offseason-moves

These @#$%(&* gave us a C because we lost Saunders, Cecil, Edwin but we replaced them with perfectly or just capably replacements in Pearce, Morales, combination of Floyd, Howell and waiver pick up Graterol and Salty, with Jimenez in the mix battling it out for the back up catcher's role with Navarro gone but I'd honestly take Dioner over any of these guys with Salty and Jimenez being the only catchers with some untapped upside. 

5 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

http://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1205139-al-east-report-cards-grading-offseason-moves

These @#$%(&* gave us a C because we lost Saunders, Cecil, Edwin but we replaced them with perfectly or just capably replacements in Pearce, Morales, combination of Floyd, Howell and waiver pick up Graterol and Salty, with Jimenez in the mix battling it out for the back up catcher's role with Navarro gone but I'd honestly take Dioner over any of these guys with Salty and Jimenez being the only catchers with some untapped upside. 

Seems a bit low (I'd say B-) but Boston traded for an ace and NY signed a player back they traded away at the deadline for some major prospects. I have no issues putting either team ahead of us. Baltimore should be a D though considering they didn't replace their catcher and Tampa Bay should be an F for selling.

Edited by Xbox

24 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Seems a bit low (I'd say B-) but Boston traded for an ace and NY signed a player back they traded away at the deadline for some major prospects. I have no issues putting either team ahead of us. Baltimore should be a D though considering they didn't replace their catcher and Tampa Bay should be an F for selling.

Cant figure Tampa out...selling but then sign Rasmus....another SO king

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

We don't have a capable replacement for Edwin. Expecting that much out of the pickups combined is asking way too much.