The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

I guess Harper is becoming the new Bautista. Syndergaard back in December called Harper a douche, and I remember when Papelbon got mad at Harper for not running out a fly ball which ended in a little scrum. Harper obviously said something personal to him which Papelbon reacted by attacking Harper which he should of never done. Still as good as Harper is sounds like is a cancer on a team.

Harper unfazed by Syndergaard calling him a 'douche'
http://www.thescore.com/news/1234902

Not good news Josh Donaldson to have MRI after tweaking right calf, hopefully nothing serious...

Donaldson to undergo MRI after tweaking right calf

The first full-squad workout for the Toronto Blue Jays got off to a bit of an inauspicious start Saturday, as third baseman Josh Donaldson was held out of all activities after tweaking his right calf.

Manager John Gibbons said that Donaldson will undergo an MRI later in the day to determine the extent of the injury. A team spokesperson said Donaldson "felt something" while doing sprinting drills on Friday, according to Shi Davidi of Sportsnet.

http://www.thescore.com/news/1235047

9 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Not good news Josh Donaldson to have MRI after tweaking right calf, hopefully nothing serious...

Donaldson to undergo MRI after tweaking right calf

The first full-squad workout for the Toronto Blue Jays got off to a bit of an inauspicious start Saturday, as third baseman Josh Donaldson was held out of all activities after tweaking his right calf.

Manager John Gibbons said that Donaldson will undergo an MRI later in the day to determine the extent of the injury. A team spokesperson said Donaldson "felt something" while doing sprinting drills on Friday, according to Shi Davidi of Sportsnet.

http://www.thescore.com/news/1235047

that would be devastating.

13 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

It'll be okay we have Barney to cover defensively and Morales will be so incredible that his production will more than cover the loss of JD if it should happen. #Positivity

Agree with that part anyway.

If someone is going to go down with an injury, it's probably best if it's early.

57 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

It would be, let's cross our fingers it doesn't turn out to be like a Saunders incident like from 2 years ago.

I hope its just a tweak...but these injuries tend to hang around and nag a player..JD had one last year...not a good way to start..there is no way its as bad as Saunders injury..he blew his knee out completely...this sounds at worst a muscle tear...on another note...things not so rosy in the Yankees cam...

Yankees president fuels tension with Dellin Betances after winning arbitration hearing

https://ca.yahoo.com/sports/news/yankees-president-fuels-tension-with-dellin-betances-after-arbitration-hearing-173542017.html

15 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

I hope its just a tweak...but these injuries tend to hang around and nag a player..JD had one last year...not a good way to start..there is no way its as bad as Saunders injury..he blew his knee out completely...this sounds at worst a muscle tear...on another note...things not so rosy in the Yankees cam...

Yankees president fuels tension with Dellin Betances after winning arbitration hearing

https://ca.yahoo.com/sports/news/yankees-president-fuels-tension-with-dellin-betances-after-arbitration-hearing-173542017.html

Yeah true just hope it's a tweak and nothing more.

Wow that's an interesting situation over there crazy... Laros for Betances get it done Shatkins lol.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

18 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

I hope you're right about Donaldson. And really, the Yankees are being cheap with a player? That would be the last team I'd expect that from but lately it just doesn't seem like they want to spend like they used to.

"$5M is for elite closers" well that's funny because you're paying almost 4x that amount for your closer so he must be viewed as a god.

Edited by Xbox

2 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

I mean if the Yankees don't want to pay him they can slide him on over our way. 

Biagini-Betances-Osuna. 

• Upvote 2

Update on Donaldson good news!

The Toronto Blue Jays can breathe a sigh of relief regarding All-Star third baseman Josh Donaldson, as a precautionary MRI on Saturday revealed a calf strain was the cause for a "small tweak" in the infielder's right calf, according to Sportsnet's Shi Davidi.

Donaldson will be "treated and evaluated daily," but is expected to start the season healthy, Davidi adds.

http://www.thescore.com/news/1235182

• Upvote 4

20 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Update on Donaldson good news!

The Toronto Blue Jays can breathe a sigh of relief regarding All-Star third baseman Josh Donaldson, as a precautionary MRI on Saturday revealed a calf strain was the cause for a "small tweak" in the infielder's right calf, according to Sportsnet's Shi Davidi.

Donaldson will be "treated and evaluated daily," but is expected to start the season healthy, Davidi adds.

http://www.thescore.com/news/1235182

Sounds like he may start the season as DH with Morales at 1B. Really depends on the calf.

Edited by Xbox

10 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Sounds like he may start the season as DH with Morales at 1B. Really depends on the calf.

wow,

it's barely spring training

season does not start for weeks

and you are already overly concerned ?

i'm betting donaldson will be starting at third base and fine on opening day

take a chill pill

he tweaked his calf muscle by all reports

7 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

wow,

it's barely spring training

season does not start for weeks

and you are already overly concerned ?

i'm betting donaldson will be starting at third base and fine on opening day

take a chill pill

he tweaked his calf muscle by all reports

Lol I'm overly concerned? I replied with a sentence based on what I heard in an interview with the teams manager and it's called a precaution.

Also what reason would there even be to be overly concerned? We already have another amazing defensive 3B in Barney and Donaldson will be in the line-up regardless. Don't think anyone cares that Smoak or Upton would be the casualty from all of this.

Edited by Xbox
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Xbox said:

Also just read on Facebook a report from TSN that believes the injury is a little more serious then just 2 weeks, but time will tell I guess. Either way we have the players to fill the spots needed for the time being as you mentioned.

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Also just read on Facebook a report from TSN that believes the injury is a little more serious then just 2 weeks, but time will tell I guess. Either way we have the players to fill the spots needed for the time being as you mentioned.

I read that too, but as long as he can at least DH it'll be alright.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Heard he has a "pegged" calf.  He's young, so it's no big deal.