The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lawmaker Predicts Marijuana Will Be Legal Within 5 Years

Considering there are still "dry counties" in the States I doubt it will be legal in the whole country. But it should be obvious by now that people are now coming to their senses and it's only a matter of time before it gains widespread legalization.

Uhhh no

Drug addicts are going to do drugs. If they're legalized, they can at least be taxated for the state's benefit, and selling can be regulated. Product can be made safer than what some random on the streets is making. And if doing these drugs doesn't come with a risk of incarceration, people are likely to be more open about their use, which means they might be more open to seek help.

Plus, it's a huge hit to criminal organization. The cartels in Mexico are so powerful in part due to the absolutely pointless war on drugs in the States.

Drug addicts are going to do drugs. If they're legalized, they can at least be taxated for the state's benefit, and selling can be regulated. Product can be made safer than what some random on the streets is making. And if doing these drugs doesn't come with a risk of incarceration, people are likely to be more open about their use, which means they might be more open to seek help.

Plus, it's a huge hit to criminal organization. The cartels in Mexico are so powerful in part due to the absolutely pointless war on drugs in the States.

Well said. I'd go even further and give addicts FREE drugs until they were able and willing to quit. The cost to give them these drugs would be much cheaper than the cost of detaining them in prison from property crimes, added to the cost to the owners of the property.

Legalize ALL drugs ?

Yes. All drugs. The pharmaceutical industry is basically a legal drug ring as it is. Let's call a spade a spade and actually do what's best for society for once instead of idiotic, ideological based governing that's already been proven a VAST failure.

I repeat: All drug use is a medical issue, not a criminal one. Legalize it, tax it.

Yes. All drugs. The pharmaceutical industry is basically a legal drug ring as it is. Let's call a spade a spade and actually do what's best for society for once instead of idiotic, ideological based governing that's already been proven a VAST failure.

I repeat: All drug use is a medical issue, not a criminal one. Legalize it, tax it.

Well, hard drugs like heroin should still be illegal to sell.

I would however have the government give it away for free to addicts.

So long as the illegal trade is made worthless for organized crime there's some flexibility in how it's actually done.

Well, hard drugs like heroin should still be illegal to sell.

I would however have the government give it away for free to addicts.

So long as the illegal trade is made worthless for organized crime there's some flexibility in how it's actually done.

Sure. Can't tax it then though.

IMO Just make everything anything "hard" pharmaceutical. Done.

Yeah, I wouldn't go as far as legalizing all drugs xD

Pot only makes sense because it isn't truly a major health risk. Unlike literally every other drug. Most drugs started as medicine but ended up banned when they realized just how damaging they are to the human body.

Archived