The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Linden to be new President of Vancouver Canucks

Here's my suggestion, whatever it is worth.

Trevor Linden for President-hometown hero, NHLPA experience, ect

Rob Blake for GM-assistant GM for LA at the moment and very ready to take the reigns for a team

Markus Naslund for Assistant GM-GM of MODO for past 5 years

John Tortorella remaining head coach or Mike Sullivan taking over-I dont feel the coaching staff has been given a fair shake with the injuries and team given to them.

If the rumours would be true about a change in the next 24 hours (which I don't necessarly believe)... I couldn't imagine it being Torts. It is a weirrrdd time to fire a coach in my opinion. So the change would be Linden for Pres or GMMG fired. But I kind of expect neither in the next few days. Wait until the season is over and take time to asses

5f6ab1ebf456bedb8a89ab3d13a6fbcd.png

2086b8403ce68d79e2099ea6da76b048.png

Wow!

I think it is unofficially safe to assume Gillis will be gone? Could have seen him step down into the president role but now with this report...

Edit: 925am Can't post picture on phone but Nick Kypreos now reporting:

@RealKyper: Markus Naslund is the other name floating around the #Canucks situation. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't see a Linden/Naslund combo.

Thx for the updates ! I just want this to go down already -_-

I must say that, while there are reasons to be apprehensive, I like the idea of ex players returning in some capacity. Especially when they were competitive and, in Trev's case, came so close...I would think that never leaves and the opportunity to have another shot at things, even if in a different role, would be enticing. The competitiveness and drive in that would be likely slightly greater than perhaps some others, as there is truly something to prove in it.

Experience is a factor but Trev does have his NHLPA association to draw from, not just his time spent as a player.

And Nazzy too...these guys bring a perspective that's fairly current/fresh and would have a good finger on the pulse of things in that.

I am totally open to these ideas. No time to read the thread to see what's being discussed, but this just came to mind.

Fair enough. If it's true Linden becomes president and they want to bring in Nazzy, I personally would keep Gillis for one more year/chance and make Nazzy the assistant GM behind MG. Let him get a feel of how things are run and don't rush him into the spot. Ultimately still wouldn't want Nazzy as GM as I have a vibe he wouldn't know how to get it done but just saying if they want him, make him assistant for at least 1 year.

I'd be happy with just about anything at this point. lol.

Guest Gumballthechewy

So you think Linden brazenly lied about this? .. is that the kind of man we want leading this franchise? .. hypocrisy, know thy name!

If he knows when to keep his mouth shut when it needs to be then yes, but like I said, I don't want him running this franchise I'd only want him as coach.

I'd be happy with just about anything at this point. lol.

My guess: they keep MG and Torts and bring in Linden as president of hockey operations. Only reason they do this is to keep MG and Torts and look like fools cutting them loose after just re-signing and signing them. With Linden, they'll say they're making changes and working towards a better team etc and it'll give fans and 'fans' hope even though it's basically the same as before and practically no change. Oh, and Linden being Linden, it'll let people renue their season tickets.

It's not hard to roughly see what will happen when you look at things logically and take off the bias and homer wear. If you think they'll throw in Linden/Nazzy as GM straight away, you're crazy. Make one or both of them assistant or a figurehead to start off and let them slowly get a flow of things. Throwing them into the spotlight right away, one bad decision and it's over

Archived