The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Linden to be new President of Vancouver Canucks

and every single owner in the league hated him while he had that position

Of course they did...goes with the territory. My point being that he has that sort of experience...won't faze him much then ,will it? Can stand the heat in that kitchen.

Wow ... if he is named, things can happen real fast. Linden didn't even get a call as of this morning. Don't you have to give the guy some time to think about it? Even if you waive a lot of dollar bills in his face? How can he say yes to something so important in less than 24 hrs?

Wow ... if he is named, things can happen real fast. Linden didn't even get a call as of this morning. Don't you have to give the guy some time to think about it? Even if you waive a lot of dollar bills in his face? How can he say yes to something so important in less than 24 hrs?

i dont think this has just transpired .. If it happens then we should guess that trevor has had some time to process this decision ..

Guest Gumballthechewy

Much ado about nothing.

Linden said he had not even been approached.

And Bush said Iraq had WMD's what's your point?

I trust Trevor Linden a whole heck of a lot more than George W. Bush.

:bigblush:

Linden as President is a great choice. His whole history with Vancouver is one of integrity and a burning desire to win. IMHO the only other Canuck that came close is Smyl. Both those guys had to be clubbed to the ice to defeat them. That cannot be said for Naslund.

What I like about Linden is that he has experienced all aspects of what it means playing in Vancouver. He enjoyed the '94 run and knows what it takes. He was stabbed in the back by Keenan and Messier and knows what that meant. Even in his last season with the Canucks he was a leader and showed flashes of what he was all about. Linden is known across the NHL and respected. If Linden cannot get Benning then Gilman is a solid 2nd choice for GM. My gut tells me that Henning is solid as well for player development.

Archived