The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Linden to be new President of Vancouver Canucks

The players haven't changed that much since they were worse then we are now last season.

They added MacKinnon and Landeskog is now a horse.

The Avs approached Roy for years and he declined until he felt the team was ready. I believe Linden will do the same thing. He should want no part of this team at the moment.

Naslund has GM experience, and is currently available... i'd love to see linden and Naslund team up to run the team.

Absolutely agree - plus it would bring some class back to this organization - currently we're looking like a bunch of classless fools. Good luck getting any free agents to sign with Gillis at the helm.

Was watching Hockey Central at Noon and Kypreos dropped the name Brad Treliving as a GM candidate. Currently he is the Phoenix Coyotes assistant general manager. He's also a Penticton, BC boy and he's the son of Boston Pizza and Just Lubes founder (dragons den dude), Jim Treliving.

Also, seems like Torts may stay for one more year. Doubt both go at once.

Linden-President

Treliving-GM

Tortorella-Coach

Not bad. I would like the front office staff a lot. Not so fond of Torts staying but I can wait another year I guess.

Naslund! We are talking Naslund? Seriously? Another 5 years of heads hung down. Naslund has no credentials for GM of the Canucks. Linden absolutely does.

Last I checked Naslund has been a GM for the last 4-5 years in Modo.... and Linden has been wandering around promoting a fitness centre and riding bikes... please explain your definition of "credentials"

They added MacKinnon and Landeskog is now a horse.

The Avs approached Roy for years and he declined until he felt the team was ready. I believe Linden will do the same thing. He should want no part of this team at the moment.

True about MacKinnon, but I can't see a rookie making that much impact on a team some of it has to be coaching. Plus it was Sackic and Roy that choose to take Mackinnon when all the pundits and experts had them taking Jones.

As for Linden, yes teh canucks have been approaching him for awhile about takinga role in the team but I think for him its not so much about the team being ready but taking a few years away from hockey first which he has now done.

Archived