The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Mike Gillis Fired

Strombone1

Fan Poll  

324 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

NO if feaster comes in he's going to trade our 1st for a jokinen type player, or sign an offer sheet to a player and end up losing our first overall pick. Feaster is a GM you bring in if you want to remain uncompetative for the next 10 years, not a gm who knows how to properly rebuild

Perhaps you're referring to Darryl Sutter, who was blissfully unaware that his core has expired and had made bad trade after bad trade. Feaster did nothing but lose.

I think Faq is aware that we need new franchise players and how to get them in this league. But we'll see.

Hey Aquilini,

Good luck hiring your next GM - no one qualified will want to work for your meddling a#$.

Whoever the new GM is will have fun attracting UFA's to sign (and re-sign) here this summer too. Players want stability not a gong show.

I'll wait to hear on who they are replacing him with, but initial reaction is this is a bad idea.

Agreed. They have fired the wrong guy. Welcome to Hockey run by ownership (glorified fan). We are in for a world of hurt with this owner.

If Torts stays I seriously wonder what sort of backing he will get from the players. Next season could be rough

I just heard on HNIC radio that Kes and sedins have voiced their displeasure about Torts, saying he is worse than AV and brings little to the team in terms of a system. I don't know where there sources are from just thought it was interesting

But that's exactly what feaster is known to do. That and making terrible draft selections.

Who becomes our next GM, regardless of direction, is hugely important.

If it is Feaster I'll quote you for the next few years because it isn't going to wind up being what you think it will be.

If i'm not correct then you and I could go on a long-term hockey hiatus.

I just heard on HNIC radio that Kes and sedins have voiced their displeasure about Torts, saying he is worse than AV and brings little to the team in terms of a system. I don't know where there sources are from just thought it was interesting

Well if anyone can run this franchises greatest players out it could be a tandem of Torts and Feaster I am sure.

Wait and see, if Feaster gets hired we will make Millbury and Snow look good

I am so pissed at ownership over this knee jerk move.

Sometimes you are going to miss the playoffs to improve the team. Firing the GM every time, is not the answer to motivating a GM.

Obviously its just about money and making the playoffs to them. Toronto west. 40 plus years of suckage mediocrity.

Now we have to go through the learning curve of another GM. And another Cam Neely trade.

Every Gm we have ever had has been bent over and screwed by someone in trades, and Gillis had learned from his Ballard trade.

Who is there to hire? No one with a pedigree better then Gillis. Why fire unless you can improve?

Pathetic is how I see this move, and it really irks me. I can only hope the Aqualini's will learn about hockey, and that it can take a step back, to take a step forward.

What will AQ do to resolve the season ticket holders worries?

He will:

Bring in Bob Nicholson as President

Bring in Jay Feaster as GM --> Because we are canucks and the hockey gods hate us and he has a relationship with torts can have a 1 or 2 year contract no one wants him

Bring in Linden as a Vice President --> Feel good PR, Not directly under any scrutiny or criticism, get his feet wet in front office, see if it is a fit

Bring in Pat Quinn for 1-->2 year consultant role for Linden help groom him to become a GM or president or both

Don't be disingenuous.

Big difference between trying -- though not every game -- and finishing with the 8th overall, and tanking like the transparently ridiculous Philadelphia 76ers for the #1 overall.

And Aquallinis wouldn't stand for it, anyway. It's obvious they're all about the short-term. The last time they missed the playoffs, Nonis was gone, to a lot of surprised pundits. They want playoff money, and badly. And they won't be prepared to agree to tank for a chance at a #1 (how farcical would their non-efforts have to be to finish behind Buffalo and NYI?), and to miss that playoff revenue for 5 years. Besides, that stupidity can easily backfire. (Edmonton).

Ticket sales would be the only thing tanking in this market.

Well we will see how smart they are since it's going to be near impossible for them to make the playoffs four a couple years at least.

I will happily stick around for a rebuild.

If we somehow pretend that the team right now is "close" or in some sort of "window" and we trade away the future in order to make it instead of selling like crazy and stocking up 2015 (deep draft) picks then they will loose even more customers than they already have.

Perhaps you're referring to Darryl Sutter, who was blissfully unaware that his core has expired and had made bad trade after bad trade. Feaster did nothing but lose.

I think Faq is aware that we need new franchise players and how to get them in this league. But we'll see.

No i'm thinking of feaster who attempted to sign O'Rielly and if was successfully not only lose O'reilly on waivers but also lost out on their first round monnahan pick this year.

I'm thinking of the feaster that traded the 14th overall pick in 2012 and drafted Jankowski instead of picking teravainen, hertl, Maatta, Laughton, Ceci, Wilson, Girgensons, who were all pick right after the 14th overall selection.

What will AQ do to resolve the season ticket holders worries?

He will:

Bring in Bob Nicholson as President

Bring in Jay Feaster as GM --> Because we are canucks and the hockey gods hate us and he has a relationship with torts can have a 1 or 2 year contract no one wants him

Bring in Linden as a Vice President --> Feel good PR, Not directly under any scrutiny or criticism, get his feet wet in front office, see if it is a fit

Bring in Pat Quinn for 1-->2 year consultant role for Linden help groom him to become a GM or president or both

How would hiring feaster improve our standings with the hockey gods (who do in fact rightfully hate us).

Archived