The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Mike Gillis Fired

Strombone1

Fan Poll  

324 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1040 are practically in tears about Gillis being fired. Going on about him being a great guy/ person.

Don Taylor crapped on the idea of hiring Naslund as GM.

A reporter (didn't get their name) says he was embarrassed when fans were chanting "Fire Gillis" at the game last night. Fans payed for the tickets and Gillis' salary, so they can chant whatever they want.

I'm looking forward to what Dan Russell has to say about this tonight.

It's a risky move. Sure, they might make the playoffs and generate a little extra revenue if they do.

But boy oh boy if we pretend to be Leafs west they will find out quickly just how fickle the fans in Vancouver are.

My thing is, changes needed to be made? yes.

however i think those changes needed to be made within the core, not management. Everyone thought AV was the issue, okay fire him, bring in a new voice, and give the core another shot. Didnt work. Now the feeling i get is, Everyone thought Gillis was the issue, okay fire him, bring in a new philosophy, and give the core another shot. Will THIS work? maybe, however i feel that its prolonging the inevitable. The core is what needs a shake.

I'm looking forward to what Dan Russell has to say about this tonight.

Really? I stopped listening to Dan's brand, when he went all "Dark" Vader on everything Canucks. More news of Canucks' woes & disarray will make it a banner-day with balloons & confetti ...for Dan.

yeah cause its his fault the coach over played the top six got the worst career number out of most of his players and makes guys getting paid to score block shot and get injured. this ownership group is terrible, so i guess to answer gillis presser a week ago ownership wants a big skilless slow dumb i mean dump and chase team that scores 1 goal a game. exciting... i'm sure that will sell tickets for top dollar.

i have a source that says kermit the frog is going to be the next puppet i mean GM.

however i think those changes needed to be made within the core, not management. Everyone thought AV was the issue, okay fire him, bring in a new voice, and give the core another shot. Didnt work. Now the feeling i get is, Everyone thought Gillis was the issue, okay fire him, bring in a new philosophy, and give the core another shot. Will THIS work? maybe, however i feel that its prolonging the inevitable. The core is what needs a shake.

Well looking at the time and meager turns we got for Luongo and Schneider (who if we were going to keep Luongo anyways should have been dealt at a draft deadline to futher boost the team when it was actually good) it's not very hopeful that Gillis would be able to get very much or even convince the members of the country club to bother waiving their NTCs.....

My biggest concern is for the youth movement that was finally taking place. If a new GM comes in and starts making trades with our young prospects named Horvat, Gaunce, Shinkaruk and Jensen, I'm going to be calling for his head right away.

It was clear with the salary cap going down so much this season that this team was going to struggle to add any depth. I thought 1 more season with Giliis' hands freed up a bit made sense, but hey what do I know...

Was Gillis actually fired...or simply released? He may have been personally done with all of the buffettings of this gig...and the owners are giving him a nice golden hand-shake. He may be falling on the sword,... to see if he is the lightening rod for all of the anti-Canuck sentiments out there in this league...on the BOG, DPS & NHLOA. It's all just a test! Seems he never could find the right trading partners other than Florida. Mostly he had to pick-over the waiver wire or attract free agents. Was there evidence of collusion, in that fact? I dont know? Just sayin...

Archived