The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Mike Gillis Fired

Strombone1

Fan Poll  

324 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

you mean business owners listening to their customers the people who pay their bills is a big problem??

Despite the popularity of the phrase the customer is always right, they most times aren't and the business is trying to save face. And here we are today.

All done in the weakest division in the league

Oh I am sorry i totally forgot that we only played within our division and didn't just run over every team in the league all season long.

My mistake 50+ wins in consecutive seasons all came against the NW division

Feaster's Blunders;

- Signing of Vinny Lecavailer to 11 year 85 million deal

- Drafting Record with Tampa Bay http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00008385.html (2002-2008)

- Only players to have any success in the 6 years (aside from Steven Stamkos): Paul Ranger and Nick Tarnasky

- Jerome Iginla trade

- Jay Bouwmeester trade

- Ryan O'Reilly offer sheet

- Draft record with Calgary albeit very early

- Mark Jankowski and Sven Baertschi

You forgot the most damning fact.

Feaster misjudged the long-range prospects for his team so badly he actually delayed trading Iginla, Bouwmeester and Kipper for three years, in which time he could have got a much better overhaul (they were better when younger), and it would have started the rebuild a lot sooner.

Terrible, terrible thought process in the crucial GM talent of knowing the right and timely direction your team needs.

I'm don't think that Linden or Naslund are quite ready for a full time headlining job in NHL management. But I hope that they are brought in to be groomed ala Yzerman, Robitaille, Hextall, Sakic.

Bob Nichollson and Pat Quinn or Brian Burke could be exceptional as mentors for a couple years.

God help us all if that idiot gets hired. Can Aquaman get in touch with Scotty Bowman? We need someone of his caliber and winning pedigree if we want the cup.

If it's true and they only want a yes man then I doubt Scotty be interested.

One train of thought is that Aquilini is at the presser tomorrow with Trev and Pat Quinn at his sides, announcing that Trev is the new president of the team and that Pat Quinn will be his special advisor, to guide him through the first couple of years.

I think that would be fantastic.

Why are people putting so much stock into 1040 say Feaster will be taking over? 1040 were ones stating it would be Torts that would be fired. Most of the Vancouver sports media was saying Torts would be gone not Gillis. 1040 has no credibility nor does Larry Brooks who started this whole thing about Feaster.

That is some pressure. Make playoffs for 5 year straight years including a SCF and when your team is mathematically eliminated on game 78... your're fired. Gillis has made some mistakes, but his Canucks resume is better than most past GM's. His process was just started to roll too.

The fact he was fired after last nights chanting makes this organization look shallow. Atleast allow him to finish the season.

Thanks to MG for some great years.

Agreed with the majority of your moves, and appreciated your approach.

You've also left a hell of a base to work with that has a much richer future (assuming reasonable management) than things appear in the short term and present.

Best of luck in the future.

Archived