The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] President Trevor Linden

Strombone1

To be fair, neither did Gillis. Neither did Yzerman either.

He's a smart enough hockey guy that I'm sure he could figure it out.

That being said I think he would make a better President than GM. Bring a guy like Blake in who's had a bit of experience and is chomping at the bit to be a GM.

Gillis had experience in the NHl as an agent (like Brian Burke) dealing with GMs...Yzerman was an apprentice to Ken Holland for several years before taking the Lightning gig.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I&#39;m told Trevor Linden will officially be named the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23canucks&amp;src=hash">#canucks</a> President tomorrow.</p>&mdash; Farhan Lalji (@FarhanLaljiTSN) <a href="https://twitter.com/FarhanLaljiTSN/statuses/453758944951816192">April 9, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
edit: Either way, you beat me.
It'd be cool if the editors of this site made it possible for the embed tweet feature to work.

Farhan Lalji just tweeted that Canucks will present Linden as Canucks president tomorrow.

Wonder who they will hire as GM since Gilman is already been told that he's staying.

Update - Farhan also reports that there's a provision in Gillis' contract which will make the Canucks only pay half of MG's 8 million. A similar provision is in Torts' contract if he were to be let go.

Farhan Lalji just tweeted that Canucks will present Linden as Canucks president tomorrow.

Wonder who they will hire as GM since Gilman is already been told that he's staying.

Presumably Linden would get to have a big say in that decision. Gilman is probably staying for continuity for the time being. Linden would probably have the leeway to make another decision down the road depending on the GM choice.

Presumably Linden would get to have a big say in that decision. Gilman is probably staying for continuity for the time being. Linden would probably have the leeway to make another decision down the road depending on the GM choice.

That's iffy, though. He may not be in charge if that process. He may be being hired as mainly a PR guy.

Even if he is, is it a good idea? He's been out of the league for a long time. He may not have the understanding to make that decision.

That's iffy, though. He may not be in charge if that process. He may be being hired as mainly a PR guy.

Even if he is, is it a good idea? He's been out of the league for a long time. He may not have the understanding to make that decision.

I don't suspect he will be purely a PR guy, that doesn't seem like it is enough to lure him out of private enterprise.... he could have taken that role any time.

Maybe they will do something interesting like have a GM selection committee made up of former captains :) that way they can make us hate all the Canucks icons at once when they pick Feaster.

I have 6 years experience as a general manager in BeaGM. I don't see whats so hard about it. All you have to do is scout the players with the highest potential and sign them to long year deals. Word of advise, sign Lack long-term now before he's a 86.

Archived