The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who would you like to see FILL the vacant GM/(maybe coach). Position?

Skrody

I don't think shanny is old enough to be in any club for being old :|

He's old and male but I dunno man.

More like a passing of the torch "Old Boys Club" for the Greats of the game. In your lifetime, you'll see Crosby, Toews, Tavares as GMs and Presidents and coaches of teams.

Benning is our man

played with Trevor, helped Boston scout their team

Can't really argue with that one.

I like his scouting history.

He'd clean up this scouting personnel rather fast. It should have been cleaned up 15 years ago.

Hey Drew, this guy has suspended half our team, let slide assaults on the rest of them when he could have done something about it.

There is not a guy further from the right guy for this group than Banahan.

Now, if they trade the Sedins, Burrows, Kassian, Edler etc. Then it may make sense.

I started watching hockey because it was playoffs and the wings were playing some team I don't remember. I was too young the understand the game, but knew I had to pick a favorite player. That player was Shanahan. I don't remember the play, or the opponent, but since my friends watched hockey and I had it on, I decided I needed to root for a player. Fortunately or unfortunately that was the beginnings of my NHL fandom. I didn't watch regularly until I was old enough to understand the game, so this was more of a "which hockey cards to collect" than which player to watch, but it left it's mark.

Luckily enough for me, the player I picked out of that stanley cup playoff match to watch went on to win three stanley cups, become a part of the braintrust to change to temp of the game, and then head the department to begin to stop brain injuries and other unfortunate results of the game he loves.

For nostalgic reasons I nominate Shanahan for Gm. It probably won't happen, and that's fine. If it does, you heard it here first. Nostalgia aside, he'd do a better job than any other of the candidates out there.

-Drewismyname.

He unfortunately wasn't able to prevent your brain injury.

Shannahan has zero front office experience in the capacity of GM. We're through with rookie GM's, what we need is an established assistant GM, preferably from a successful and respected franchise to start repairing the damage done by Gillis & co while also being able to actually make us better.

I started watching hockey because it was playoffs and the wings were playing some team I don't remember. I was too young the understand the game, but knew I had to pick a favorite player. That player was Shanahan. I don't remember the play, or the opponent, but since my friends watched hockey and I had it on, I decided I needed to root for a player. Fortunately or unfortunately that was the beginnings of my NHL fandom. I didn't watch regularly until I was old enough to understand the game, so this was more of a "which hockey cards to collect" than which player to watch, but it left it's mark.

Luckily enough for me, the player I picked out of that stanley cup playoff match to watch went on to win three stanley cups, become a part of the braintrust to change to temp of the game, and then head the department to begin to stop brain injuries and other unfortunate results of the game he loves.

For nostalgic reasons I nominate Shanahan for Gm. It probably won't happen, and that's fine. If it does, you heard it here first. Nostalgia aside, he'd do a better job than any other of the candidates out there.

-Drewismyname.

Heard what here first????

It's not a rumour. Just you're desire to have Shanny as GM. Of course we heard it hear first.

Archived