The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Draft Lottery, Tues. April 15

Will be interesting to see nonetheless. Here's to hoping we get bumped up a few spots. A top 5 pick would be more than anyone here could ask for.

We won't be picking top 5 unless if we trade to move up. We will be picking anywhere from 6-11 and if we win the lottery, we would pick #1.

So destines in our own hands. Just lose our final games, and we are gauranteed to be below the Hurricanes correct?

Please lose stupid Canucks. please for crying out loud, if it means going up 1, then just lose. If Dal Cole is available at number 6, and we will be looking back 2 months ago, "why did my team decide to try so hard against the coilers and Lames? yea, then we screwed big time.

The players could careless what position we draft in this year. If you want to hope for loses so be it, but don't expect the players to roll over.

Tell the Oilers that we are going to draft Ekblad. Give them a one time offer of Yakupov + 3rd overall for the 1st overall.

Walk away with two dynamic players in Yakupov and one of Bennett or Reinhart.

They would say no, but it is an intriguing idea. Tell them Yakupov, 3rd overall for Corrado, 1st overall. If they say no, pick Ekblad and have him shut down the small Oiler forwards for the next twenty years. If they say yes, laugh, have a formidable duo of Yakupov+Reinhart and laugh some more.

Van win; Car lose - 7th

Van win; Car OT - 7th

Van win; Car win - 6th

Van OT - Car lose - 7th

Van OT - Car OT - 6th

Van OT - Car win - 6th

Van lose in regulation - 6th

Could be the difference in getting Perlini or Ekblad!

If we pick 6th

6.2% chance we will win lotto. --> We Draft 1st Overall

76.8% chance a team 1-5 wins the lotto and our pick remains unchanged. --> We Draft 6th Overall

17% Chance a team 7-14 wins the lotto and our pick moves back one. --> We Draft 7th Overall

Ekblad

Bennet

Reinhart

Drasaitl

Ritchie (Burke likes em big and strong truculent boys)

and with the 6th overall pick Vancouver Canucks Select from the Oshawa Generals of the OHL, Michael Dal Cole :towel:

If the pick goes as planned, Buffalo wins lottery, I see em picking Ekblad Florida picks second, Vancouver makes a big attempt to trade their 6th overall and something (s) in exchange for Florida's second pick, with the attempts of hope of leading the new Canucks Era by Selecting Vancouver Boy Sam Reinhart. which I my head will go through the roofs. Flat out, non Kootney fan on hfboards.com a season ticket holder of one it's rival teams, said that Reinhart is the smartest player he's ever seen on the ice. HIs IQ is literally off the charts, might not be as flashy, but the offensive capabilities, is definitely there. A Vancouver leading Vancouver's next Era? Awesome.

Ekblad is going to be a superstar! Whoever gets that first pick will surely take him. I would love Dal Colle to drop to 6th if we pick there but I think he'll be gone by then.

Just imagine if we did trade Kesler at the draft for Pouliot and a 1st( maybe another piece as well) and we win the draft lottery.

Pouliot AND Ekblad in the system! Jesus Christ!

Archived