The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Draft Lottery, Tues. April 15

Ekblad is going to be a superstar! Whoever gets that first pick will surely take him. I would love Dal Colle to drop to 6th if we pick there but I think he'll be gone by then.

Just imagine if we did trade Kesler at the draft for Pouliot and a 1st( maybe another piece as well) and we win the draft lottery.

Pouliot AND Ekblad in the system! Jesus Christ!

Trade Edler + 6th + Hansen to Buffalo for Ekblad

Trade Kesler to Pittsburgh for O. Maata and 1st round pick

Somehow sign Stastny by throwing money at him

Use Pittsburgh's 1st pick for Alex Tuch

Defense:

O. Maata-Hamhuis

Ekblad-Bieksa

Garrison-Tanev

Corrado, Stanton

That would be an Amazing defensive core. Championship caliber....its good to dream

Trade Edler + 6th + Hansen to Buffalo for Ekblad

Trade Kesler to Pittsburgh for O. Maata and 1st round pick

Somehow sign Stastny by throwing money at him

Use Pittsburgh's 1st pick for Alex Tuch

Defense:

O. Maata-Hamhuis

Ekblad-Bieksa

Garrison-Tanev

Corrado, Stanton

That would be an Amazing defensive core. Championship caliber....its good to dream

Edler said he didnt sign a 6 year deal to he traded, wont waive

A kesler trade could accelerate our rebuild by a lot, we cannot mess this deal up if it does indeed go down.

Canes will lose tomorrow and then we'll win, giving us the 7th pick. A team behind us, probably Toronto, will win the lottery pushing us down to the 8th pick.

With the way things have been going this year it would not surprise me at all if this happened.

lol NHL.com has it's own standings wrong.

Still shows us ahead of the Canes.

Because they were going to update it at 2am? If it didn't kick in automatically, they'll have manually updated it by morning - and how about that, it is morning and they've updated it!

so if by chance we would win... do the nucks trade it or use the pick?

The team would absolutely use the pick... great for optimism, good optics. Though it would be a funny irony if Linden was picking 2nd overall in his first draft to mirror Pat Quinn picking Trevor 2nd overall.

So humour me

Say we win the lottery...fitting as i said on another thread as in 1970 Buffalo won the coin flip and beat us to get Gibert Perrault, we got Dale Tallon. Not a bad player but our fortunes really changed that day...

Perhaps the law of averages evens out this year...lets hope

Now, if we do, who would you take?

Reinhart?

Ekblad?

Bennett?

Draisaitl?

My view

Ekblad - love him, and a terrific 2 way Dman with size, can skate, and can man the PP. But is the Duncan Keith (sorry) type player we need on the back end? Not in my view. He is an Edler with better skills. We need a Neidermayer type dman to upgrade our back end. I don't see him as bringing a really different aspect to our back end, sure an upgrade but not the missing piece so I pass (or perhaps someone like Buffalo really wants him, you trade down to 2 and rape them somehow lol).

Draisaitl - Haven't seen him play but hear great things. Size wise he is a man, he has put up alot of points, Kopitar 2.0? Hard one here to pass on

Bennett - again great things said, consensus number 1, tall but lanky, great compete level, great skill level, but physically not ready to compete against men

Reinhart - elite hockey sense, brings everything Bennett does but not the edge, pure skill, and a North Vancouver boy with great hockey pedigree/ family

I think those last three are just going to be very tough to choose from. If its Reinhart's dream to play in Vancouver, no brainer

I like Draisaitl because of his size and skill combo, always love elite skills with a big body

Bennett haven't seen enough of him yet to comment

Who would you choose?

If we win the lottery I think we gotta take AE5 based on his world juniors.

If we move up We take either Bennett or Reinhart and if they are gone go with Dal Colle.

If we stay at 6 or 7 anyone who falls to us would be nice if not I think it will be one of the usual guesses in Perlini Virtanen Nylander Ehlers.

Michael Dal Colle will be like James Neal, but better passer and way better defensively. #superstar

Will also be interesting to see what the Isles do with their option on number 4

If they give it up to keep next years number 1 they are signalling to their fans they think they will suck again lol

But next year is a better draft and they may very well suck again without Vanek or Moulson

What a rapeage by Buffalo there

Man Buffalo could walk away with Ekblad and Dal Colle/Draisaitl amazing

anyone know who will hold the tiebreaker between Carolina and us if Carolina wins?

Carolina has more ROW than us. So they will. If they win against Philly in any fashion, we are going to pick 6th even if we win our match. And it's 4-1 Hurricanes right now wooo

Archived