The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PDSF: (1) Anaheim Ducks vs (4) Dallas Stars

Who will win the series?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So in other words then Nichuskin was the better pick since he was ready before Horvat?

Here's a long list of players drafted in 2003 who made their NHL debut after Nikolai Zherdev (who had 34 points in 57 games in his rookie season, by the way):

Thomas Vanek

Milan Michalek

Dion Phaneuf

Ryan Suter

Braydon Coburn

Jeff Carter

Brent Seabrook

Zach Parise

Ryan Getzlaf

Corey Perry

Mike Richards

Loui Eriksson

Matt Carle

Shea Weber

David Backes

Clarke MacArthur

Tobias Enstrom

Dustin Byfuglien

Joe Pavelski

Would you honestly want Zherdev over any of these players simply because he played in the NHL first? Don't blame Horvat for not being on the roster, blame the management (which I guess you already have).

Still, enough with this instant gratification sh!t. It doesn't always work. Playing an extra year in the CHL isn't going to hurt him in any way.

Here's a long list of players drafted in 2003 who made their NHL debut after Nikolai Zherdev (who had 34 points in 57 games in his rookie season, by the way):

Thomas Vanek

Milan Michalek

Dion Phaneuf

Ryan Suter

Braydon Coburn

Jeff Carter

Brent Seabrook

Zach Parise

Ryan Getzlaf

Corey Perry

Mike Richards

Loui Eriksson

Matt Carle

Shea Weber

David Backes

Clarke MacArthur

Tobias Enstrom

Dustin Byfuglien

Joe Pavelski

Would you honestly want Zherdev over any of these players simply because he played in the NHL first? Don't blame Horvat for not being on the roster, blame the management.

Enough with this instant gratification sh!t. It doesn't always work.

That's exactly who I blame. Again sorry I should not have started the whose better debated, that's not what I meant. I think Horvat will be great, I am happy with the pick. My real argument is of Horvat playing this season.

But this year is done, and now again I am saying Horvat better be a regular in the lineup next season. Give him the initial chance, just like most teams do.

well now that gillis is gone i bet young guys get a better shot of filling out the roster over guys like hansen tostitos richards dalpe shroader ect.... ........at the end of the day 1 team didnt make the playoffs and has their draft pick playing in the minors and the other team got 14g 20a +20 out of their draft pick and are in the playoffs.... 1 guy has an enitre year of NHL experience under his belt that can do nothing but jump start his developement and the other guy is toiling in the league he cant learn anything else in. 5-10 minutes a night in the NHL for a 18 year old is far better than 15+ minutes a night playing against kids.

well now that gillis is gone i bet young guys get a better shot of filling out the roster over guys like hansen tostitos richards dalpe shroader ect.... ........at the end of the day 1 team didnt make the playoffs and has their draft pick playing in the minors and the other team got 14g 20a +20 out of their draft pick and are in the playoffs.... 1 guy has an enitre year of NHL experience under his belt that can do nothing but jump start his developement and the other guy is toiling in the league he cant learn anything else in. 5-10 minutes a night in the NHL for a 18 year old is far better than 15+ minutes a night playing against kids.

Have to agree. That's the thing, we didn't make the playoffs anyways with our experienced core and surrounding players. It was a write off season entirely. But it could have been 1 year of NHL experience for Horvat and others. And the players you mentioned, I don't care how young Horvat is, I think he his better than all of them.

It was an a wasted year in all aspects.

Archived