The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolaj Ehlers

S N Y P E R S 7

Quote by Hughson during the mtl/bos game a few mins ago

"The say the one thing the Bruins may have problems with is a team with great speed"

So...do we want only lumberjacks?

PK Suban 6-1 216 Lar Eller 6-2 210 Dale Weise 6-2 210 yes these guys are just like Ehlers small speed demons :)

Congratulations you have won the CDC award for most clueless post ever.

So if we take away all the points Daniel had that Henrik was a part of, he'd be a 12 point player.

Now please don't kindly go there. The Sedins are the greatest players to ever dawn the Canucks Jersey.

Ehler is an undersized prospect who has proven literally very little. Not even close.

Lets just all pray together that WHOMEVER we pick ends up being a star in the NHL and we'll all be happy!

yes?

we've been doing this this every year.

I found an interesting recent picture of Ehlers .

a85usoguaa-s6jhaxs8e8dtrayyb-mkgk8ighyyv

The guy on the right is the Mooseheads captain Darcy Ashley .

Ashly is 'listed' as 5ft 8, but if that is the case Ehlers is 6ft 2 as we can see if he standing straight up he would be six inches taller.

I suspect Ashley is 5ft 6

The other reason I posted it is because Ehlers shoulders are actually fairly broad. Certainly bigger than Drouins. However he is skinny and needs to fill out.

Guys, we have to remember that Ehlers is playing with Jonathan Drouin, the most offensively talented player in last years draft (With all due respect to MacKinnon). No doubt he's a good prospect but i believe that his stats are boasted by him playing WITH a superstar like Drouin. I'm personally praying that Dal Colle falls to us at #6. If not, Jake Virtanen would be my pick, even though i'm not the biggest fan of his playstyle, We need a speedy, highly skilled prospect. But if Dal Colle is taken by our pick, I would probably take Ehlers or Virtanen anyway, Although Nylander looks pretty skilled as well. I would be fine with us taking him. I'm thinking we could have a "kid line" next year, just like the Red Wings had this year. Since Virtanen, Dal Colle and Nylander can all play LW, Maybe a line with

LW - Dal Colle/Ehlers/Nylander C - Shinkaruk RW - Jensen. That sounds pretty exciting to me. What do you guys think?

Why don't people understand.

ANYONE we pick this year won't step into the league for three years at least.

We have a solid team and the ability to wait and develop these kids properly.

So if its Ritchie, Ehlers, Draistl, Bennett, Reinhardt, MDC or Virtanen expect to not see them for a while if you want them to pan out properly.

whoever we pick this and next season, it is imperative we develop them properly with a minimum of one full AHL season.

And hope for Ekblad, Reinhart or Dal Colle....

Um, Reinhart and Ekblad will definitely playing in the NHL right away. Just like MacKinnon and Jones. And Ekblad is even better than Jones. Bennett, Draistl and Dal Colle would be up to whether the GM wants them playing now or in the future. I personally would have them playing right away, but that's up to Linden and the new GM.

Guys, we have to remember that Ehlers is playing with Jonathan Drouin, the most offensively talented player in last years draft (With all due respect to MacKinnon). No doubt he's a good prospect but i believe that his stats are boasted by him playing WITH a superstar like Drouin. I'm personally praying that Dal Colle falls to us at #6. If not, Jake Virtanen would be my pick, even though i'm not the biggest fan of his playstyle, We need a speedy, highly skilled prospect. But if Dal Colle is taken by our pick, I would probably take Ehlers or Virtanen anyway, Although Nylander looks pretty skilled as well. I would be fine with us taking him. I'm thinking we could have a "kid line" next year, just like the Red Wings had this year. Since Virtanen, Dal Colle and Nylander can all play LW, Maybe a line with

LW - Dal Colle/Ehlers/Nylander C - Shinkaruk RW - Jensen. That sounds pretty exciting to me. What do you guys think?

There are honestly like 200 posts devoted to the Drouin-Ehlers-combo-speculation-lovers.

Just don't go there... always shut down.

Um, Reinhart and Ekblad will definitely playing in the NHL right away. Just like MacKinnon and Jones. And Ekblad is even better than Jones. Bennett, Draistl and Dal Colle would be up to whether the GM wants them playing now or in the future. I personally would have them playing right away, but that's up to Linden and the new GM.

Reinhart probably will but he's probably not ready. Ekblad will. Draisaitl will work on his skating in junior. Bennett will pack on some pounds in junior. Dal Colle will most likely spend some time in junior as well

It's already been debunked that Ehlers is a product of Drouin. Ehlers got 70% of his points without Drouin, they also play on different lines.

I think you are a multiple user account of someone already heavily invested on this thread.

It's already been debunked that Ehlers is a product of Drouin. Ehlers got 70% of his points without Drouin, they also play on different lines.

Drouin occupies an opposing team's best d pair and center, Allows Ehlers to play against the opposition's lesser players.

Drouin occupies an opposing team's best d pair and center, Allows Ehlers to play against the opposition's lesser players.

:picard: How many times have people gone over this with you? Explain to me how Drouin occupied opposing team's best d-pair when he was in Sweden for the WJC and Ehlers continued to pile up points.

lesser players? They are all lesser players. Less than 1% of them get drafted. The difference between a first and second pairing at this level is almost nil.

And coaches definitely wont allow any kind of match to stand anyways. They try to get their best players away from the checkers, leaving Ehlers to deal with them instead.

I dont recall Virtanen or Ritchie having every little aspect of their lives dissected down to something as minuscule as this.

I think when we get the tweezers out to dissect this much we should move onto something more constructive.

Reinhardt needs a year minimum before he steps in.

Ekblad could step in right away but better than Jones? Highly unlikely at this point, seriously...hasn't even played a game in the league yet Jones anchors a solid defensive line on a terrible team already.

Be a little objective if you could

:picard: How many times have people gone over this with you? Explain to me how Drouin occupied opposing team's best d-pair when he was in Sweden for the WJC and Ehlers continued to pile up points.

... Or how Drouin had 41pts in the playoffs and Ehlers just 28. Clearly Drouin is getting the easier assignments. :picard:

I found an interesting recent picture of Ehlers .

a85usoguaa-s6jhaxs8e8dtrayyb-mkgk8ighyyv

The guy on the right is the Mooseheads captain Darcy Ashley .

Ashly is 'listed' as 5ft 8, but if that is the case Ehlers is 6ft 2 as we can see if he standing straight up he would be six inches taller.

I suspect Ashley is 5ft 6

The other reason I posted it is because Ehlers shoulders are actually fairly broad. Certainly bigger than Drouins. However he is skinny and needs to fill out.

When I was Ehlers age I was exactly his size. From the age of 18-22 I grew to 6'2.5, and weighed 208. I accomplished the weight part by going on a strict gain diet and worked out with heavy weight all natural. I'm 36 now and still weigh the same. I also practice martial arts and i'm at a very high level in my school. I have very fast reflexes, speed, and power for my weight, age, and height. I'm not saying that Ehlers will be the same height as me (who knows he might be), but with the proper diet and workout routine(training) he can put on the weight for sure. Not sure why some are freaking out about his size so much? Its not like he isn't a good height already. He just needs to fill in.

Absolutely..Since this is an Ehlers thread,I would not be unhappy if he went at 6th..Ultimately though,I would prefer to move up in the draft..Tanev+6th for Reinhart..?

Its actually a 'BASH EHLERS' thread as a proxy war by internet tough guys trying to get into fights with other posters. There is a subset of people out there who like to hide behind the internet , use a fake name and get into fights with others.

I even resurrected the Virtanen thread so they can go cream over him there but they just want to sit here and argue instead. Proving my point.

It reminds me a lot of the old days. When CDC had a 'God thread' .

Except it wasnt about God. It attracted every single kind of malcontent on the Canucks site to go there and bash anyone who dared give their own testimony on their faith.

So eventually to fix it, they suggested they go start an 'Atheist' thread so they could digress there. However , they said no way we are going to stay here anyways :frantic:

Proving that they were only interested in bashing fellow posters on the head. Needless to say it was shut down soon after that.

I think this thread is heading in the same direction.

Archived