The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT: Game 82] The End : Canucks 5 - Flames 1

Torts is an easy guy to love and and easy guy to hate. For the Canucks, they need to judge him on his coaching abilities rather than his personality. I don't think he's the greatest of coaches because he doesn't really think the game as well as others do.

Doesn't change the fact that I love that he ripped Hartley, though I know that Hartley won't care and will either not respond or just say that he doesn't care about what Torts' opinion is.

i don't think any coach could of gotten this group into the playoffs considering what all went down

new division not being able to play against Anahiem SJ and LA

17 back to backs

a lot of freak random injuries

a couple of suspensions

everything that could go wrong this season for the Canucks did

Craig Button defended the hit on TSN. `sometimes a five minute major is all that`s warranted`.

What an asshole.

Wow... That is exactly the type of the hit that the league wants to eliminate. I don't think the intent was there but still it was an illegal hit resulting in an injury to the head area... it warrants some suspension. But knowing that we are talking about the NHL, I would not be shocked if no suspension comes out of this.

What do you mean you don't see that? You think we will be trading or buying out all of our under performers? I doubt we'll even trade or buyout a quarter of them. Just as always the players will get off completely free and the coach gets all the blame, you see it all over the NHL all the time. The real repercussions solely fall on Torts.

You're making my argument for me. The players should and are taking a lot of the blame, but they can't be moved in most cases unless they want to be. They're not getting off completely free from this, not at all. Will the real repercussions fall solely on Torts? Probably. That's because he's the moveable part of this mess. Bringing back this coach and all these players next year solves nothing.

You're making my argument for me. The players should and are taking a lot of the blame, but they can't be moved in most cases unless they want to be. They're not getting off completely free from this, not at all. Will the real repercussions fall solely on Torts? Probably. That's because he's the moveable part of this mess. Bringing back this coach and all these players next year solves nothing.

i highly doubt this type of season happens next year it was a freak olympic compressed schedule new division i hope the players coaches and new management take note that Canucks will have to compete with Anaheim SJ and LA for points and be able to win some games to make the playoffs

this team is fully capable of making the playoffs as is in the wild card spot and fight for the cup you never know what could happen

i don't think any coach could of gotten this group into the playoffs considering what all went down

new division not being able to play against Anahiem SJ and LA

17 back to backs

a lot of freak random injuries

a couple of suspensions

everything that could go wrong this season for the Canucks did

I'll disagree with you there.If AV was the coach..we would be in the playoffs..IMO..We would most likely be first round fodder..but we would have been in..

I like Torts,and he's a breath of fresh air from most coaches...but he's the.wrong fit for this team..When the entire team is underachieving ..that falls squarely on the coach..add on top of that,the injuries which are a result of his systems.

I'll disagree with you there.If AV was the coach..we would be in the playoffs..IMO..We would most likely be first round fodder..but we would have been in..

I like Torts,and he's a breath of fresh air from most coaches...but he's the.wrong fit for this team..When the entire team is underachieving ..that falls squarely on the coach..add on top of that,the injuries which are a result of his systems.

so he would of not run into LA SJ and Ana face it the players can't compete with these teams and weren't prepared to face them multiple times in the regular season they better show up next year or go home

oh but let me guess he would of never ran into any of the freak injuries or suspensions that the team had to deal with through out the season most of these injuries weren't a result of shot blocking or playing too many minutes

Henrik crosschecked in the ribs

Hansen tripping and screwing his shoulder

i could go on but i won't

this team's offense was drying up while AV was here and it continued to get worse after the 2011 cup run

It's totally his systems fault that Hanzal went crazy and injured 3 Canucks, or that Tanev hit Burr in the face with a puck, or that Luo got run over by Brown...

So if anyone is interested in contacting the Calgary Herald over that tweet, here you go:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/about-calgary-herald/contactus.html

Their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/yycherald

Her comment was incredibly stupid and insensitive, but I'd urge people to be civil in your response to her comment. She's apologized. All too often these internet vigilante things over social media end up ruining lives.

Her comment was incredibly stupid and insensitive, but I'd urge people to be civil in your response to her comment. She's apologized. All too often these internet vigilante things over social media end up ruining lives.

I think it is fair to be as civilized as her comment was...in the first place.

i highly doubt this type of season happens next year it was a freak olympic compressed schedule new division i hope the players coaches and new management take note that Canucks will have to compete with Anaheim SJ and LA for points and be able to win some games to make the playoffs

this team is fully capable of making the playoffs as is in the wild card spot and fight for the cup you never know what could happen

I understand all that and the hopefulness that goes with it. I really do. But I think the general pretense of Torts' style doesn't fit the makeup of this team. I didn't when he disclosed it upon his hiring, and I don't now that it has been a factor in what became a disaster of a season. He's not flexible and he has no Plan B. Getting canned after one year is a kick in the gut and might seem unfair, but it doesn't mean it's not the correct move. It likely means he should never have been brought in in the first place. I just don't want to waste time and take one bad season and compound it into 2 or 3. Torts is probably the right coach for some team, but this team isn't it.

Archived