The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MAFIA: DEADWOOD

Kryten

Also, with the uncertainty of who they are, the sheriffs will be less likely to contact their investigations (as opposed to past games).

I guess I'm thinking in terms of what's been done the past two games: somebody role claims and asks the specials to contact them. There's no need for the Sheriffs to contact their investigations if we can get a confirmed TP through an early claim.

I guess I'm thinking in terms of what's been done the past two games: somebody role claims and asks the specials to contact them. There's no need for the Sheriffs to contact their investigations if we can get a confirmed TP through an early claim.

True, and the Doc could do that but he/she doesn't have the luxury of a self-save and he/she could very easily fall prey to the Lackey's block in the first round and without an accurate investigation, no one would know if he/she is the mafia doc.

I'd love to play but I'm entering my last week of finals, and I've got 3. I'll play in the first game hosted in May.

Just wondering what the pros/cons would be to having regular sheriff, naive sheriff, paranoid sheriff, and psycho sheriff all in the same game. Besides the fact it would give the TP 4 investigations per round if they they deduce which sheriff they are and all get in the alliance, wouldn't it cause a thorough amount of confusion in the early game?

TP Roles:

One of the Naive/Paranoid/Psycho Sheriff roles will be added:

Vigilante - Wild Bill Hickock

Vanilla Sheriff - Charlie Utter

Psycho Sheriff - Seth Bullock

Paranoid Sheriff - Whitney Ellsworth

Naive Sheriff - Alma Garret

Watcher - Sol Star (watches every even-numbered round)

Doctor - Doc Cochran (no self-saves)

Mafia Roles:

Lackey - E.B. Farnum (block every odd-numbered round - comes up TP when investigated)

Kingpin - Al Swearengen (investigation every even-numbered round - comes tup TP when investigated)

Mafia Nurse - Richardson (one self-save)

Ninja - Wu (cannot be tracked by Watcher but can be investigated by Sheriff)

Other:

Serial Killer - Dan Dority

Better?

I'd love to play but I'm entering my last week of finals, and I've got 3. I'll play in the first game hosted in May.

Just wondering what the pros/cons would be to having regular sheriff, naive sheriff, paranoid sheriff, and psycho sheriff all in the same game. Besides the fact it would give the TP 4 investigations per round if they they deduce which sheriff they are and all get in the alliance, wouldn't it cause a thorough amount of confusion in the early game?

WW, you need to get your priorities straight. Mafia >>> Education.

I do want more than one sheriff so the mafia have the chance to take advantage of that confusion. I think 2 sheriffs (one being paranoid/naive) and removing the TP Nurse would be a fair trade in that case.

Wellwood, pls. I wrote a final and a term paper while hosting a game.

Archived