The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Elite Hockey League - Apply Now!

Caboose

I gracefully resign as GM of the Columbus Blue Jackets.

I won't have time to manage this team due to this leagues epic spreadsheet / 10 years outdated way of tracking.

It's probably fun for some, but that sounds terrible to me.

Enjoy the year guys and gals.

i do really like this spreadsheet stuff ...but well ...if you dont like it ...you dont like it

What about moving players up and down the roster out of bench spots / making trades / picking up and dropping free agents - using stats trackers to organize prospects....

I just see no point - Might as well use one of the big 3 hockey pool engines that exist. They are light years ahead.

I respect your decision but to answer your questions:

To move a player up and down all you have to do is post in the thread.

To make a trade you negotiate via PM on CDC.

To sign a free agent you PM the agent offering a contract.

Yahoo has its issues as well.

I respect your decision but to answer your questions:

To move a player up and down all you have to do is post in the thread.

To make a trade you negotiate via PM on CDC.

To sign a free agent you PM the agent offering a contract.

Yahoo has its issues as well.

thats what i love about cdcgml and cdcfl ....not just drag and drop like at fantrax or yahoo.....

well yahoo, espn and fantrax are also good ..but here you work like a real GM ...negotations etc.

thats what i love about cdcgml and cdcfl ....not just drag and drop like at fantrax or yahoo.....

well yahoo, espn and fantrax are also good ..but here you work like a real GM ...negotations etc.

Yeah, I've always appreciated the human element of this format. You're not just looking at stats and numbers.

The success of this league will depend on how active the GMs and commissioners are.

Yahoo, etc. are great for work/casual pools. The "CDC" system is the way to go for long-term pools. More interaction...actual negotiations (not just being the first to log-on and pick up a free agent whose doing well).

I voted for 1 point per PIM. Seems reasonable but 0.5 is fine too...anything less and it doesn't make sense.

Does anybody think they could take me under thier wing and show me the ropes as AGM ? I understand i cant just step in and be a GM so ill need some practice, i promise i wont bring whoever decides to be nice, down...

Does anybody think they could take me under thier wing and show me the ropes as AGM ? I understand i cant just step in and be a GM so ill need some practice, i promise i wont bring whoever decides to be nice, down...

Pm me. I can teach you the ways of Otis.

Archived