The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Elite Hockey League - Apply Now!

Caboose

Wow, great GM group!

I'm assuming it's going to be a snake draft?

Yes, once I get confirmation from the final GM I can do the lottery and we can begin with NO time limit

(don't expect to see more than the first round done before the NHL draft)

Yes, once I get confirmation from the final GM I can do the lottery and we can begin with NO time limit

(don't expect to see more than the first round done before the NHL draft)

No Limit always causes havoc because people do complain even though there is no limit.

Suggestion, Set a 72 hour limit to start, gives people 3 days to make a pick or do a trade until July 1st. Then switch the time limit to whatever you want it to be after that to get the draft moving..

Thoughts ?

Edit: Maybe even make it 96 hours/ 4 days..

No Limit always causes havoc because people do complain even though there is no limit.

Suggestion, Set a 72 hour limit to start, gives people 3 days to make a pick or do a trade until July 1st. Then switch the time limit to whatever you want it to be after that to get the draft moving..

Thoughts ?

I'm not interested in forcing people to make picks before the NHL entry draft to be honest.

I simply want a slow burn up until then to keep interest there. If only 5 picks gets done then only 5 picks get done.

Zach Parise wants to join. He texted me to save him a team if there is still one available.

I'm waiting on confirmation from one user.

If he doesn't take the team I will be accepting other applicants.

If you draft a UFA, do you negotiate a contract or wait until they sign IRL?

That is why I am hesitant to start the draft so early, there are some variables to consider.

I'm leaning towards UFAs drafted become RFAs until July 1st 2015 and you can come to terms with them in the intervening time.

BABXOyL.png

With an overwhelming majority, it has been determined that penalty minutes will each be worth HALF a point. Thank you for offering your opinions.

Goalie penalties will be made 1 point per minute.

Question:

will this be a regular season fantasy pool or like an NHL format where top teams carry over to playoffs and there's a winner based off playoff performance and also, will this fantasy carry onto other seasons or just strictly the upcoming season?

Awesome that PK is in this league. Never saw that coming.

Can't wait for the lottery to see where I pick!

So, for the 2nd round is the order flipped? Meaning, that 30th and 31th overall are the same team?

I think that is definitely more fair this way just to even up the talent picks so someone doesnt end up with two or three great players off the hop!

Archived