The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Torts Fired

Strombone1

The problem is Linden played with the sisters...Heck I don't know if TL's got the balls to ok a trade if the GM wants to pull the trigger.

I thought winning back to back Art Ross trophies would put an end to our own fans calling the Sedins that.

The problem is Linden played with the sisters...Heck I don't know if TL's got the balls to ok a trade if the GM wants to pull the trigger.

buddy gillis's new contracts made sure the sedins will never be moved...no one wants them at 7 mill each

Your clueless, how do you know trevor told farhan? It's not like farhan is the one firing torts. Your messed up man.

I never said trevor told Farhan mr clueless...i said Farhan was disrespectful by not allowing Trevor to do his job and then reporting it

wow. When 2 coaches are fired in 2 years it is clearly not a coaching issue.

AV was a good coach but had run his course here. Torts never should have been hired. And as has been said, new management group so it's not unreasonable there's a change.

Will Gully and Sully stay? Or are they done too?

I'd say Sullivan will likely go along with Torts, but it's up in the air about Gulutzan. We'll have to see exactly what gets announced tomorrow (assuming this is true of course).

I don't think it will be Trotz; wrong style of play. Nor do I think Laviolette would be a good fit either since he's a bit of a screamer like Torts. He coaches a different style of play but I think they might go a different approach.
While McLellan is a good coach, he hasn't had postseason success in San Jose so not as sure we'd want him here. There are other candidates who might be good I'm sure but I keep coming back to John Stevens for his approach and what he's done to help LA win the last few years.

Torts shouldn't have been let go, although after having such a disastrous season I am not surprised either.

Hopefully this is the start of a complete house-cleaning. Core players need to be moved as well, or else nothing will improve with this team. I want to see the Canucks get younger, faster and more skilled.

Leadership is important, surrounding youth with vets like them would be beneficial for their development, and is not necessarily "getting older."

Although I wouldn't object to Linden and Bure in the lineup B)

lol...really linden and bure at 40 years old hey?

oh btw if you insert 2 older players (mitchell and manny), it means 2 spaces less for the youth we need in the lineup right?

In the words of Charles Baudelaire:

If I had not been afraid of embarrassing him before that vast assembly, I would willingly have fallen on my knees at the feet of this generous gambler, to thank him for his unheard-of munificence. But after I had left him, little by little, doubt crept back into my breast; I no longer dared to believe in such prodigious good fortune, and when I went to bed that night, idiotically saying my prayers out of habit and half asleep, I murmured: Oh, God! Lord, my God! Make the devil keep his promise!

-from "The Generous Gambler." Paris Spleen (1869). Trans: Louise Varèse.

Pretty much sums up how I'm feeling about tonight's news.

I thought winning back to back Art Ross trophies would put an end to our own fans calling the Sedins that.

yeah, art ross is regular season scoring title, if they got back to back conn smythe that's another story. and don't forget how they love to feast on the coilers and lames...

Yeah, no doubt hey, Can't stand douche bags that use that dumb line...that's fair-weather fans for ya, bet he was riding the D hard when the twins were lighting it up..

Wow, shocker? Kinda.

Trotz would be my guy to hire next, played behind a team with only defense, goaltending and yet he still does alright with them, give him a better team and I bet he'll do good.

I ca't believe anyone around here wants Trotz. People were complaining to no end that Torts was a defense first coach blah blah blah so boring blah blah blah and now people want Trotz? I don't want to watch the Preds style of hockey and I don't want to take the risk of finding out whether he can adjust to an offensively talented team.

I like Torts. His style may have not fit our style of play, but I believe he had every intent to make us successful. However, who knows what the players said to Linden. That probably played a large part into seeing Torts move on...

Obviously this wasn't the way Linden wanted it done. Can't blame him when some anonymous source in the office opens his mouth to the media.

Didnt we all know Gillis was gone before it was official..seems there some loose lips in the Canuck office.

yeah, art ross is regular season scoring title, if they got back to back conn smythe that's another story. and don't forget how they love to feast on the coilers and lames...

They are PPG players in the playoffs. Stop acting like they are no shows and pulling this bullcrap out of your butt.

Yeah, no doubt hey, Can't stand douche bags that use that dumb line...that's fair-weather fans for ya, bet he was riding the D hard when the twins were lighting it up..

Never liked bieska either, don't know if that count as riding the Ds hard. :rolleyes:

Archived