The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Torts Fired

Strombone1

The guy was handed a bad card. He was brought in with a mandate to change conventional wisdom. But the team was stale and on the decline. Honestly, I like Tortorella. Brought energy and did everything in his power to get the guys going. Although I agree he's not the right coach for the canucks. There's just too much tension and scruitiny in this market.

I'm not knocking Trotz, he is a great Coach and there is a reason he was employed by Nashville for so long, Just figure Linden would be contradicting himself by bringing in Trotz.

Yea get what you're saying, but he's also contracted himself from his remarks early today if the firing is true so you never know I guess

If Trevor is wanting exciting hockey back in Vancouver, then wouldn't Barry Trotz be the LAST guy he'd hire?

Its not like he's had the greatest offensive teams.

The one year in Nashville they had a good offensive team (06-07) the Preds tied with Colorado for 1st in the West in GF, and 4th in the league overall.

Well you know the Canucks are a classy organization when the the report comes out before the coach is actually fired.

Linden said that the team would be assessed by himself and the new GM before changes would be made, I guess that was incorrect.

I am not a huge Torts fan, but I don't like the way the Canucks are dealing with this.

Not sure what to make of this yet. I admire Torts' passion and how he stuck up for the team during tricky times this year. On the other hand, players never seemed to resonate with him.

I will say this though, I have zero interest of bringing in Barry Trotz.

Well you know the Canucks are a classy organization when the the report comes out before the coach is actually fired.

Linden said that the team would be assessed by himself and the new GM before changes would be made, I guess what was incorrect.

I am not a huge Torts fan, but I don't like the way the Canucks are dealing with this.

I wouldn't put to much of this on the Canucks. Thanks to social media and the need to feel special by breaking the news first, even if it isn't an appropriate time, nothing is private anymore.

Archived