The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

PlayStation

So is this game any good?

Yeah, after 13 hours of play I say its a fun game but its not without some problems. This game would be even better if the following get addressed:

Spawns-sometimes people spawn right behind you and with everyone jumping around, it can be hard to get kill steaks

Guns-All the guns seem a bit repetitive, there is no best gun. This one is more of a personal choice but I'm not a fan

Connection/Hit detection-Sometimes you get killed it leaves you scratching your head and its a real buzz kill. I wouldn't worry to much about this as the game just came out so its bound to have problems.

The good thing is that these problems can easily be fixed and likely will

Yeah, after 13 hours of play I say its a fun game but its not without some problems. This game would be even better if the following get addressed:

Spawns-sometimes people spawn right behind you and with everyone jumping around, it can be hard to get kill steaks

Guns-All the guns seem a bit repetitive, there is no best gun. This one is more of a personal choice but I'm not a fan

Connection/Hit detection-Sometimes you get killed it leaves you scratching your head and its a real buzz kill. I wouldn't worry to much about this as the game just came out so its bound to have problems.

The good thing is that these problems can easily be fixed and likely will

My best assault rifle so far is easily that HBRa3 or whatever it`s called. The one you get at or around Level 20.

It`s easily better than the other assault rifles in my opinion. The other ones I`ve found suck. I find myself playing Hardcore more often than not because I`m sick of shooting at a guy forever and thinking he`s dead then turning away but he`s somehow still alive.

Yeah, sometimes the killstreaks are pretty hard to get. When I get sick of all the jumping and whatnot I just go over to the Classic Playlists that have all of that disabled.

Played it for the Single Player, will be trading it straight up on Monday. Amazing campaign and graphics though, but yeah, I knew to not touch the MP with a 50 foot pole, that is what BF is for....

You could always just like both of the games. Lol.

I haven`t even touched the single player. I`ve never cared for CoD`s single player.

I always take my time between CoD and BF, they both have their ups and downs.

You could always just like both of the games. Lol.

I haven`t even touched the single player. I`ve never cared for CoD`s single player.

I always take my time between CoD and BF, they both have their ups and downs.

I did liek both, COD's single player/campaign, and BF's Multiplayer. I really want to have to deal with bunny hoppers on steroids all game long

Surprisingly I had my ass handed to me a few times on the classic option (didn't see a classic hardcore option). Tried hardcore TDM and killed it, also getting used to the exo suits. They're actually pretty sweet, once you get the hang of them.

For the first little while I didn't know much about the boosting in the suits. All I really knew was the double jump because I skipped single player and went straight into multiplayer.

When I figured out you could boost forward and boost sideways, etc things became more awesome.

Got a ps4 bundle today with this game included.... it's pretty much the same as every other recent cod. Take away the jumping and it's literally the same game.

I have a feeling I won't be playing it much.

Weird that you say that.

This CoD I've been playing more than I played Ghosts or the one before it. It feels better and it's more fun.

My best assault rifle so far is easily that HBRa3 or whatever it`s called. The one you get at or around Level 20.

It`s easily better than the other assault rifles in my opinion. The other ones I`ve found suck. I find myself playing Hardcore more often than not because I`m sick of shooting at a guy forever and thinking he`s dead then turning away but he`s somehow still alive.

Yeah, sometimes the killstreaks are pretty hard to get. When I get sick of all the jumping and whatnot I just go over to the Classic Playlists that have all of that disabled.

the Bal has been good for me. Its really good in close range as well for an assault rifle, been beating people with submachine guns in close quaters with it.

how is it the same? How would you make ot better?

How is it not the same? With the exception of blops1, all they've done for every semi recent cod is add more high tech far fetched weaponry with similarly far fetched perks and kill streaks. Throw in a few new maps and you've got a new cod game. That said, a few of the maps I played last night seemed strangely similar to recent maps on recent cod games.

The whole gameplay style of the game is stale. They need to eventually evolve the game itself or people will eventually stop buying it. Im not saying they need to be exactly like battlefield, but why not throw some vehicles into multiplayer? That adds a massive dimension to the game. Not to mention, with the addition on vehicles, they could expand the maps and add all sorts of new detail.

Its almost as if they don't expand into these areas because they feel gamers will think that they're copying battlefield if they do. If that's the case, I think they're extremely wrong. I think you could still have a cod style game, with vehicles and expansive maps without it automatically becoming bf.

i'm not sure i care about vehicles or huge maps, but i really, really, really wish CoD or BF would go back to the WW2 style game, just for one round.

i'd love to play a WW2 FPS with the big online community CoD has.

i loved Day of Defeat back in the day, and CoD2 is easily one of my favourite FPS games of all time. i also played Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and Frontline over and over and over again

i'm not sure i care about vehicles or huge maps, but i really, really, really wish CoD or BF would go back to the WW2 style game, just for one round.

i'd love to play a WW2 FPS with the big online community CoD has.

i loved Day of Defeat back in the day, and CoD2 is easily one of my favourite FPS games of all time. i also played Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and Frontline over and over and over again

I would also love a ww2 era game again as well. This high tech weaponry stuff gets a little tiring for sure.

Archived