The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2014 IIHF World Championship Thread (Bieksa named Captain)

I don't know how far along the planning is or if it's even going to happen but, for those that haven't heard, there's supposed to be a World Cup of Hockey coming up in 2016 as an alternative to the NHL going to the Olympics. The NHL wants it to happen in the summer before training camp as opposed to the present Olympic break during the season, like the old Canada Cup.

I don't know how far along the planning is or if it's even going to happen but, for those that haven't heard, there's supposed to be a World Cup of Hockey coming up in 2016 as an alternative to the NHL going to the Olympics. The NHL wants it to happen in the summer before training camp as opposed to the present Olympic break during the season, like the old Canada Cup.

I would prefer a World Cup of Hockey and let the Juniors play at the Olympics.

This IIHF World CUP is a bit of a joke. Sorry but the quality of play is more than brutal. I watch specific players. Malkin to the rescue.

The only thing the Euros can teach Canada is that every ice surface in the NHL should have been converted to the bigger ice surface decades ago. It gives more room to the offense and promotes

more speed back into the game.

This IIHF World CUP is a bit of a joke. Sorry but the quality of play is more than brutal. I watch specific players. Malkin to the rescue.

The only thing the Euros can teach Canada is that every ice surface in the NHL should have been converted to the bigger ice surface decades ago. It gives more room to the offense and promotes

More trapping and less goals..did you watch the Olys.

I sure wish that would be phased in and fast .. it would help speed the game up and reduce congestion and some injuries I would hope. And yes .. an Under 23 Tourney would be great in lieu of Juniors

Archived