The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ECF: (4) Montreal Canadiens vs (5) New York Rangers

Who will win the series?  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As opposed to the haterade you drink?

i'm not drinking haterade. if you look at my posts in the past 2-3 pages, you'll find that i sound exactly like how all of you cheering against boston sounded, and now how people are "happy" the hawks are getting killed by LA. only i'm getting more flack because i'm not lumped in with you people cheering for the "good guys"

That will be a suspension. That was an obvious premeditated head -butt.

For those wondering, here is what it says in the Rule Book:

47.1 Head-butting – The act of head-butting involves a player making intentional contact, or attempting to make contact, with an opponent by leading with his head and/or helmet.

47.6 Fines and Suspensions - There are no specified fines or suspensions for head-butting, however, supplementary discipline can be applied by the Commissioner at his discretion (refer to Rule 28).

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26337

Regarding le headshot on Weise

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC

CBC technology indicates Prust hit on Stepan was .93 seconds after puck gone; Moore on Weise was .5

The NHL "standard" for determining a late hit is 0.6 seconds, (one guess where they got that from) but from what I saw, Moore's hit was just as bad as the one by Prust and he should receive the same suspension. The only obvious distinction is that Moore's hit was correctly penalized on the ice, while Prust's was not.

I have to give the zebras credit on another front. I for one, was glad to see the embellishment penalty given to Plekanec. If you watch that replay, it was stick on stick contact and even if there was slight contact on Plekanec' face, it was his own stick that made the contact. Good on the refs for at least trying to put a stop to this play acting.

Not even the brother of the most visciously attacked NHLer of all time has any respect for other players' noggins.

Moore didn't even think twice about it either. Why? Because he'll sit 2 games, tops. Big freakin' deal. Oh, and his last name is Moore. Cheapshot family I guess.

There is no hope in the NHL curbing this until they finally get serious.

Regarding le headshot on Weise

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC

CBC technology indicates Prust hit on Stepan was .93 seconds after puck gone; Moore on Weise was .5

a headshot is a headshot, if you have the puck or not makes no difference , so i dont know why cbc would bring up the late hit argument.

Not even the brother of the most visciously attacked NHLer of all time has any respect for other players' noggins.

Moore didn't even think twice about it either. Why? Because he'll sit 2 games, tops. Big freakin' deal. Oh, and his last name is Moore. Cheapshot family I guess.

its John Moore the defenceman that was traded from columbus .. not Dominic Moore (steves brother) little Dominic Moore wouldve bounced off Weise.

John Moore is not related to Steve Moore...

I went to the Jays game so I missed game 5. Seems like a complete s***show I missed. All these gifs and potential suspensions, and the boxscore with all the PIMS. Damn both teams are playing so rough.

Archived