The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ECF: (4) Montreal Canadiens vs (5) New York Rangers

Who will win the series?  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Weise and Weise...yeah you heard me.

He's either going full Dutch Gretzky and blazing to the net on a breakaway and slipping it past the King's left pad, or a pucks gonna bounce off his chin and deflect through Tokarski's 5er.

If neither of those happens, I swear on my mom's life that I will tie a knot around my nuts, fasten the other end of that rope to a brick, stand on the edge of a cliff, and then undo the knot because that's a dangerous situation to be in.

Ha ha ha....

Habs won imo because NYR made the same mistake we made against Boston in 2011. They got involved in too many distractions.

Hats off to Montreal, they saw the way this series was going, as Boston did, and decided to get under the Rangers skin as a way to put them off their game.

Hopefully AV will get them back on track for the next game.

Rangers need to regroup and the Final awaits them.

Remarkably he played on, did he not. I'm sure he came back after treatment because you saw him sitting on the bench rubbing the side of his face and looking up at the monitor.

There is so much deja vu with the Canucks about Rangers campaign for me.

Habs won imo because NYR made the same mistake we made against Boston in 2011. They got involved in too many distractions.

Hats off to Montreal, they saw the way this series was going, as Boston did, and decided to get under the Rangers skin as a way to put them off their game.

Hopefully AV will get them back on track for the next game.

Rangers need to regroup and the Final awaits them.

You think so?

I don't know. I saw no less than three extremely lucky goals in what was otherwise a 1-1 game. Tokarski played great, which is exactly what the Habs needed. I honestly think that reading anything else into it is a stretch. Sometimes you get the bounces, the lack of which is pretty much exactly what Subban was lamenting after game two. (and the NY media predictably pounced on)

On another note, I'm a bit surprised that the Prust hit on Stepan is being swept under the e-rug here. Prust was the guy who went public with the accusation of intent against Kreider and now he's put one of the Rags out of the playoffs. Looks suspiciously like premeditation.

Where are all the "classless goon" comments that we were hearing from all of the fans last round? I seem to recall a lot of "It has nothing to do with the fact it was the Bruins. I'd be saying the same about any team"....

You think so?

I don't know. I saw no less than three extremely lucky goals in what was otherwise a 1-1 game. Tokarski played great, which is exactly what the Habs needed. I honestly think that reading anything else into it is a stretch. Sometimes you get the bounces, the lack of which is pretty much exactly what Subban was lamenting after game two. (and the NY media predictably pounced on)

On another note, I'm a bit surprised that the Prust hit on Stepan is being swept under the e-rug here. Prust was the guy who went public with the accusation of intent against Kreider and now he's put one of the Rags out of the playoffs. Looks suspiciously like premeditation.

Where are all the "classless goon" comments that we were hearing from all of the fans last round? I seem to recall a lot of "It has nothing to do with the fact it was the Bruins. I'd be saying the same about any team"....

It was a reasonably clean hit that was unfortunately late. No worse than the Rome hit.

It was a reasonably clean hit that was unfortunately late. No worse than the Rome hit.

According to the NHL DoPS, far less egregious than the Rome hit.

However, according to CDC, also far less egregious than squirting water at PK Subban.

But of course, the logos worn by the players in question has nothing to do with CDC's feeling about these incidents...

However, according to CDC, also far less egregious than squirting water at PK Subban.

But of course, the logos worn by the players in question has nothing to do with CDC's feeling about these incidents...

However the suspension for the Rome hit was laughably long. There's no reasonable defense of the NHL for that suspension.

Haha ... Rangers learning from Belicheck, spying on Montreal practice. Shame on AV, you should know better than to send your Assistants to do that . :bigblush:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=453040

HABS UPSET THAT RANGERS ASSISTANT COACHES WATCHED PRACTICE

NEW YORK -- The gamesmanship in the Eastern Conference final was raised a few more notches Saturday as two Rangers assistant coaches showed up to watch Montreal practise.
When Canadiens goalie coach Stephane Waite noticed the break in protocol, he told head coach Michel Therrien.
As the players stretched, Therrien moved down the rink and had words with Rangers assistant Ulf Samuelsson. He and fellow assistant Dan Lacroix left soon after.
New York president and GM Glen Sather watched the practice from one of the top rows of the lower bowl at Madison Square Garden, seemingly more interested in his phone than what was happening on the ice.
Therrien told reporters later there was a "gentleman's agreement" that rival coaches don't attend practices on non-game days.
Game 4 is Sunday night at Madison Square Garden. The Rangers lead the series two games to one.

CDC sure has a tendency to be over-dramatic, but CDC's critics' tendency to over-generalize the ineptitude on this board can be just as bad...

Archived