The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder

William_Clarkson

I cannot understand how some of you Canuck fans think we can magically find three second line players. Kesler will be gone and we will have 3 2nd line positions to fill.

Well if Kesler is going then we are getting a significant piece back.

Here is an easy to believe scenario for a new 2nd line.

Kesler for Nyquist or similar quality younger player.

Sign 2nd tier UFA like Michalek

Draft a forward with our #6 (or even move up).

New 2nd line

Michalek-Nyquist-Draisaitl

Any version of those types of moves give us a better line than having Schroeder. It isn't magic... it is a pretty average and realistic expectation.

Will agree with 2 of 3 but not Draisaitl. 18 years old more of a gamble than Schroeder for this year. Not likely NHL Ready. Also Draisailt is a slower skater. Like Gaunce might be a bit of a project. Anyone you draft you can't expect them to just step in to the NHL. It is rare to happen and I would hope we would not draft with that in mind.

Try harder.

Schroeder did have his opportunity, but what some people fail to realize is that he was placed in the top 6 immediately after injury. Obviously he was going to be rusty and found himself as a healthy scratch weeks later. During that top 6 stint the team was playing some of its worst hockey in a long time.

He was also misused on the powerplay, I'm pretty sure they had him parked in the slot and the front of the net which had me scratching my head. Schroeder should've been the half wall QB on the second pp unit.

This kid still has tons of upside, let's just scrap this injury plagued season and rewind to last summer where there was still optimism around the same Schroeder that showed glimpses of elite playmaking and vision in his rookie season.

Schroeder did have his opportunity, but what some people fail to realize is that he was placed in the top 6 immediately after injury. Obviously he was going to be rusty and found himself as a healthy scratch weeks later. During that top 6 stint the team was playing some of its worst hockey in a long time.

He was also misused on the powerplay, I'm pretty sure they had him parked in the slot and the front of the net which had me scratching my head. Schroeder should've been the half wall QB on the second pp unit.

This kid still has tons of upside, let's just scrap this injury plagued season and rewind to last summer where there was still optimism around the same Schroeder that showed glimpses of elite playmaking and vision in his rookie season.

Here Here!!! Agree 110%

Will agree with 2 of 3 but not Draisaitl. 18 years old more of a gamble than Schroeder for this year. Not likely NHL Ready. Also Draisailt is a slower skater. Like Gaunce might be a bit of a project. Anyone you draft you can't expect them to just step in to the NHL. It is rare to happen and I would hope we would not draft with that in mind.

Try harder.

Your trying way, way too hard here to get your point across. Yeah bud, we get it you have a hard on for JS which is cool, but your repetitive arguments are growing old with every new post.

Someone stated before, he's had 4 or 5 training camps to impress and crack the roster and while he did the past 2 seasons, he hasn't shown any indication of turning into an undersized yet steady, NHL calibre skilled, offensive centerman which is why he was drafted in the first place.

If he is resigned well this is his final chance with this team make something happen and if he isn't resigned I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.

As much as I do want him to succeed, I don't see him as our 2nd line C unless he has a stellar camp. If he doesn't crack the opening lineup I wonder if they'd keep him around as a rotating 13th forward.

I know it's not the best for development, but it'll be better asset management.

A team that has a good second line points wise are as follows:

LW 42 Points

RW 45 Points

C 53 Points

Out team outside our first line career highs are as follows:

Higgins LW 43 points and 52 points accomplished 2 out of nine seasons

Booth LW 60 points accomplished once in 1 out of 8 seasons

Kassian RW 29 points highest total

Richardson RW/C 27 points highest total

Hansen RW 39 points highest total in 6 seasons

Santorelli C 41 points highest in 5 seasons

Matthias C 24 points highest in 5 seasons

I am sorry to all you fickle Canuck fans out there but we just don't have the skill. So Schroeder is here to stay at least one year cause of his skill.

Those stats look depressing

Try harder.

I don't have to try harder... I am right and you are wrong. There are plenty of options better than Schroeder and he will not be on the team next season.

At that time, you will conveniently forget that you posted all of this.

Your trying way, way too hard here to get your point across. Yeah bud, we get it you have a hard on for JS which is cool, but your repetitive arguments are growing old with every new post.

Someone stated before, he's had 4 or 5 training camps to impress and crack the roster and while he did the past 2 seasons, he hasn't shown any indication of turning into an undersized yet steady, NHL calibre skilled, offensive centerman which is why he was drafted in the first place.

If he is resigned well this is his final chance with this team make something happen and if he isn't resigned I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.

Buddy, my point is he needs to be given a full opportunity not to prove himself but for he Cancucks to see what he has and make a full assessment before giving up on this prospect. There clearly have been some extenuating circumstances to clearly see what we got here. Kinda like an archeologist distinguishing a find. Slowly brushing away the dust to see what the discovery is. My point is we have barely scratched the surface and some egg heads come on here and say get rid of him. I would feel better about that if we actually had something on our second line before we so eloquently brush him aside. I have been impressed with his speed and 200 foot game. I admit I have not seen him so much to much this year; although, I do understand the whole team struggled. Which in my assessment is not a good indicator either to assess what we have as a player here.

This all being said you are obviously another fickle canuck fan. Sad but true.

I don't have to try harder... I am right and you are wrong. There are plenty of options better than Schroeder and he will not be on the team next season.

At that time, you will conveniently forget that you posted all of this.

If that happened you would convenienty forget you posted all of this. Cause he would be tearing it up on another team a few years from now.

I am right, you are wrong and that is all there is to it, infinity times infinity no erasies! There is no use arguing with someone who is always right.

Yeah I know. This is I have been trying to get across to these eggheads that want to brush JS aside. What makes things worse is our first line points wise is not a good second line in the nhl last year. We are in trouble. I really don't what else to say other than seems some canuck fans tend to overvalue players proven to not have talent and undervalue other one's that actually do. I just hope the canuck management are smarter than these eggheads.

I can't come up with a good reason why we wouldn't resign Schroeder I think he made 600k last year so his qualifying offer would be 660k if I'm not mistaken. Kesler had some stinkers there when he was hurt and he is an established player. Its got to be hard when everything is going against you. Your small, injured on a bad team and the coach doesn't want to play you much.

I think you have to resign him and give him at least half a season to try to prove he belongs. We have nothing to lose. We are going to be a bad team for a long time or we will continue to trade our future so we can be average and then be bad for a very long time. The tank is empty on this team, we need to refill the tank and trading young players or just letting them walk isn't going to help.

People need to jump off the bandwagon or buckle there seatbelts cause this is going to be a bumpy ride.

If that happened you would convenienty forget you posted all of this. Cause he would be tearing it up on another team a few years from now.

I am right, you are wrong and that is all there is to it, infinity times infinity no erasies! There is no use arguing with someone who is always right.

Even you know he's no where near pro level contribution, he needs to be in Utica for 1st line development not 4th line press box duties. You know he's no Gallagher or Zucharello (wth did he save you from a fire or something?)

Buddy, my point is he needs to be given a full opportunity not to prove himself but for he Cancucks to see what he has and make a full assessment before giving up on this prospect. There clearly have been some extenuating circumstances to clearly see what we got here. Kinda like an archeologist distinguishing a find. Slowly brushing away the dust to see what the discovery is. My point is we have barely scratched the surface and some egg heads come on here and say get rid of him. I would feel better about that if we actually had something on our second line before we so eloquently brush him aside. I have been impressed with his speed and 200 foot game. I admit I have not seen him so much to much this year; although, I do understand the whole team struggled. Which in my assessment is not a good indicator either to assess what we have as a player here.

This all being said you are obviously another fickle canuck fan. Sad but true.

Don't label me as a fickle fan. I'm a realist and I see and comment on things the way they are. JS is a turnover machine who frequently loses puck battles in the corners and hasn't shown any sort of indication of being an effective player for this team.

2004 Tampa Bay - Martin St. Loius

2005 Nhl Lockout

2006 Carolina Hurricanes - Chad Larose, Mark Recchi, Keith Aucoin, Ray Whitney

2007 Anahaim Ducks - Todd Marchant, Andy Mcdonald, Ryan Shannon

2008 Detroit Redwings - Kris Draper, Jiri Huddler, Brent Lebda, Bryan Rafalski

2009 Pittsburg Penguins - 7 guys 5'11

2010 Chicago Black Hawks - Bryan Campbell, Andrew Ebbett

2011 Boston Bruins - Mark Recchi, Brad Marchand

2012 Los Angeles Kings - Andre Loktionov

2013 Chicago Black Hawks - Andrew Shaw

There you go.

I stopped paying attention when I saw you had listed Ebbett as fast and skilful. You missed out rugged :)

Seriously, I think you missed my point. How can you compare Recchi, Marchand, Cambell, Shaw and some others on that list to Schroeder. All these players are hard to miss due to their aggressive hockey style. Shaw is a pit bull.

Andy McDonald is 6'-1" and was a 6th round draft who is a much more aggressive player than Schroeder.

It is Schroeders application and attitude that lets him down. It is like he is overawed by the NHL and doesn't think he should be there. If only he had a 1/10 of what Rypien showed in determination then I might think he could make it. Not for me, sorry.

Schroeder should get at least another year to be looked at. He turns 24 this year and was injured for much of last year. I trust Benning to make this decision. Schroeder isn't a bad 3rd line option anyway, compared to our other players such as Booth, Hansen and etc...

Watching 5'8" St. Louis and 5'7" Zuccarelo undress 6'3" Willie Mitchell makes me hope the Nucks allow Schroeder one full healthy season on the roster.

Do they get to choose if he's injured or not? Interesting. I don't care what they do as long as his deal, if he gets one, is no more then one year, maybe two.

Archived