The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder

William_Clarkson

As I said a few posts back.

He has to EARN a spot in the top 6. So far he has not done that. You don't simply put him there in hopes something clicks for him.

The best spot for him would be top 6 in Utica. Unfortunately as we've both stated we'd almost surely lose him on waivers. SO what do you do with him?

-He's too young and talented to give up on.

-He's ill suited for the bottom 6.

-He's yet to earn a spot in the top 6.

-He'd be lost on waivers if we try to send him to Utica (the best place for him).

Rock, meet hard place.

Keep him on the roster, play him bottom 6 minutes in situations where he can prove himself. There's always injuries or players struggling during a season, spot him in where you can, way too soon to give up on this guy. Give him every reasonalbe opportunity, we are a team thats looking to get younger anyways. Also how he performs against other young players in training camp will tell us where he stands with respect to his developement, He should be amoung the top 2 or 3 atleast.

Keep him on the roster, play him bottom 6 minutes in situations where he can prove himself. There's always injuries or players struggling during a season, spot him in where you can, way too soon to give up on this guy. Give him every reasonalbe opportunity, we are a team thats looking to get younger anyways. Also how he performs against other young players in training camp will tell us where he stands with respect to his developement, He should be amoung the top 2 or 3 atleast.

He doesn't fit the Linden/Benning vision of our bottom 6 and we already have better options for those spot IMO. He's 13th forward on the Canucks IMO which isn't good for his development or the Canucks.

All I've got from this thread is a majority of people want him to play for Utica yet realize that he CANNOT without going through waivers... They also know that he wouldn't make it through waivers.. So they don't want to let him go, yet don't want to give him a chance in the top 6... Classic CDC

When Schroeder came back from his lengthy ankle injury he scored 2 goals. This shows 2 things... He can score at the NHL level and his positive/non frustrated outlook on the game made a difference.

The kid is 23 and has a ton of talent/vision... He is not the type of player who blocks shots or plays the gritty role... that is just a fact. He had a great season in my opinion for being injured for so long and being stuck in a grit role. Did he need more time in the minors? Yes, but we didn't have Utica then so it didn't make as much sense, hind sight is 20/20.

With Kesler more than likely gone this summer and Higgins probably moving back to the 3rd line that gives Schroeder an opportunity to play on the 2nd line with Kassian. Who will be their left winger?? I'm not too sure, possibly Santorelli? It's hard to say but Schroeder needs an offensive opportunity with this organization this year... a 40 point season would be a successful season in my book for the young buck... somewhere around 10g 30a...

All I've got from this thread is a majority of people want him to play for Utica yet realize that he CANNOT without going through waivers... They also know that he wouldn't make it through waivers.. So they don't want to let him go, yet don't want to give him a chance in the top 6... Classic CDC

When Schroeder came back from his lengthy ankle injury he scored 2 goals. This shows 2 things... He can score at the NHL level and his positive/non frustrated outlook on the game made a difference.

The kid is 23 and has a ton of talent/vision... He is not the type of player who blocks shots or plays the gritty role... that is just a fact. He had a great season in my opinion for being injured for so long and being stuck in a grit role. Did he need more time in the minors? Yes, but we didn't have Utica then so it didn't make as much sense, hind sight is 20/20.

With Kesler more than likely gone this summer and Higgins probably moving back to the 3rd line that gives Schroeder an opportunity to play on the 2nd line with Kassian. Who will be their left winger?? I'm not too sure, possibly Santorelli? It's hard to say but Schroeder needs an offensive opportunity with this organization this year... a 40 point season would be a successful season in my book for the young buck... somewhere around 10g 30a...

If our 2nd line is Santorelli, Schroeder, Kassian....we're in trouble.

People just want everything without figuring out how we are going to get there.

I can't see us keeping him at the expense of Santorelli or youth. Best thing would be to add him as a package or trade him for a draft pick. He's a first pick, he should be able to get us a fourth ... no?

If our 2nd line is Santorelli, Schroeder, Kassian....we're in trouble.

If our 2nd line is Santorelli (on pace for 51pts last season) Schroeder(the real ?) and Kassian (If he continues his play I don't see why he WOULDN'T be on the 2nd line) I'll be happy.

I don't get how people are still putting down Santo even after how consistent he was and how the team nose dived after he was injured. As for Kassian? There was no reason why Hansen was playing above him...

Kassians points per 60 minutes was 1.73 last season .1 behind Cody Hodgson who had more PP time, more favourable match ups, and more offensive zone starts.

Schroeder is the only ? on that line.

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Santo Schroeder Kassian

Higgins Horvat Burrows

Sestito Richardson Archibald

If our 2nd line is Santorelli (on pace for 51pts last season) Schroeder(the real ?) and Kassian (If he continues his play I don't see why he WOULDN'T be on the 2nd line) I'll be happy.

I don't get how people are still putting down Santo even after how consistent he was and how the team nose dived after he was injured. As for Kassian? There was no reason why Hansen was playing above him...

Kassians points per 60 minutes was 1.73 last season .1 behind Cody Hodgson who had more PP time, more favourable match ups, and more offensive zone starts.

Schroeder is the only ? on that line.

I'm a big proponent of Santorelli but he belongs on the 3rd with the ability to move up to the 2nd in the event of injuries, slumps etc.

Kassian I agree.

Schroeder...that's one hell of a big ?

I'm a big proponent of Santorelli but he belongs on the 3rd with the ability to move up to the 2nd in the event of injuries, slumps etc.

Kassian I agree.

Schroeder...that's one hell of a big ?

I agree, but who do we have that can fill the shoes of Kesler in that 2nd C?? Horvat is still VERY young and personally I would like to see him and Shink tear it up in Utica until they are 22-23.

Kesler is probably going to go to Anaheim for their 2 1st rounders... as that's an offer JB cannot refuse at this point.

Everyone is so quick to want Kesler gone... but he leaves a VERY big hole in our line up...

I agree, but who do we have that can fill the shoes of Kesler in that 2nd C?? Horvat is still VERY young and personally I would like to see him and Shink tear it up in Utica until they are 22-23.

Kesler is probably going to go to Anaheim for their 2 1st rounders... as that's an offer JB cannot refuse at this point.

Everyone is so quick to want Kesler gone... but he leaves a VERY big hole in our line up...

In that scenario, if either Santorelli or Higgins is on the second line, we MUST trade or sign for a legit top 6 forward to push that second line. Maybe we go hard after Stastny or the like I don't know.

But if our 2nd line is some mix of Higgins/Schroeder/Santorelli/Kassian...yikes.

I think some of you may be missing the point we will have a new coach and a

different system that may allow him to shine. He is very impressive and given

right system and coach who knows what he could accomplish.

Who does he bump?

In that scenario, if either Santorelli or Higgins is on the second line, we MUST trade or sign for a legit top 6 forward to push that second line. Maybe we go hard after Stastny or the like I don't know.

But if our 2nd line is some mix of Higgins/Schroeder/Santorelli/Kassian...yikes.

Would be no different than Higgins Kesler Hansen... Thats the best 3rd line in the league...

Last year our lines were pretty much

Sedin Sedin Plug/Burrows 1 1 3

Higgins Kesler Hansen 3 1/2 3

Booth Richardson Kassian 3 4 2/3

Plug Plug Plug - - -

I would very much like to see Stastny come to Van, but it will come with a price-tag/

Would be no different than Higgins Kesler Hansen... Thats the best 3rd line in the league...

Last year our lines were pretty much

Sedin Sedin Plug/Burrows 1 1 3

Higgins Kesler Hansen 3 1/2 3

Booth Richardson Kassian 3 4 2/3

Plug Plug Plug - - -

I would very much like to see Stastny come to Van, but it will come with a price-tag/

No different? At least Kes is a legit 1st/2nd liner.

With Higgins/Schroeder/Santorelli/Kassian you'd have 3/AHL/3/2-3. That's not good.

As I said a few posts back.

He has to EARN a spot in the top 6. So far he has not done that. You don't simply put him there in hopes something clicks for him.

The best spot for him would be top 6 in Utica. Unfortunately as we've both stated we'd almost surely lose him on waivers. SO what do you do with him?

-He's too young and talented to give up on.

-He's ill suited for the bottom 6.

-He's yet to earn a spot in the top 6.

-He'd be lost on waivers if we try to send him to Utica (the best place for him).

Rock, meet hard place.

I disagree and here is why:

Like I said in an earlier thread we have no bonifide clear cut second liner other than Kesler. Not one. Name one. So who else has earned a second line position or is a mainstay playing with Kesler. Nobody has since Raymond and Samuelson who are no longer with us. Schroeder is of the age and the ilk to deserve a shot on that line with Kesler since no one else has his upside. There is no rock and a hard place because no one else has proven they belong which is why it makes perfect sense to give Schroeder a shot to be successful in a position he is suited be in.

3rd liners: Higgins, Hansen, Kassian, Matthias, Booth, Richardson, Kassian, Dalpe. All third liners.

These guys are not upgrades on the second line and if they are it would not be much. Most of them are older and do not have the offensive upside.

There's no reason to re-sign him at all. The only spot that makes sense for him is 3C and I have to believe that spot will be Horvat's to lose. Schroeder, unfortunately, is a drafting fail.

Um what? Horvat is not better than Schroeder as of right now..

I disagree and here is why:

Like I said in an earlier thread we have no bonifide clear cut second liner other than Kesler. Not one. Name one. So who else has earned a second line position or is a mainstay playing with Kesler. Nobody has since Raymond and Samuelson who are no longer with us. Schroeder is of the age and the ilk to deserve a shot on that line with Kesler since no one else has his upside. There is no rock and a hard place because no one else has proven they belong which is why it makes perfect sense to give Schroeder a shot to be successful in a position he is suited be in.

3rd liners: Higgins, Hansen, Kassian, Matthias, Booth, Richardson, Kassian, Dalpe. All third liners.

These guys are not upgrades on the second line and if they are it would not be much. Most of them are older and do not have the offensive upside.

Exactly why you can't sign him on a blind hunch,or a shot as you put it. We already have 8 3rd liners not to mention Sestito, Archibald, or youth. There are player and money limits to consider here.

It's the best place for him but as noted many times in this thread, he'd have to clear waivers to go down. He more than likely would not clear.

I think it would have to be a risk Benning and management would have to take. What use is it having Schroeder as the 13th/14th forward who plays at most maybe 6-7 minutes a game average, and maybe only gets around 20-30 games spread out through the season? Is Schroeder honestly going to develop as a good player playing bottom six minutes and a couple a games a month? Probably not, your just wasting him away in a useless situation

It doesn't do much justice for either party in this situation. Schroeder doesn't develop into the player he should be if he got the proper training and seasoning in the minors. And the Canucks keep a player who doesn't do very much and since he is not performing to the way he should, he really is a wasted roster spot filler.

Yes you may lose him, but if you want the full package you drafted Schroeder for that is a risk you have to take. IF a team wants to take him up, fine let them have him, and we will have a player replace him.

You could stick him up in the top six, but honestly he isn't ready yet...if you do stick him there, you leave him there and let him play it out.

Um what? Horvat is not better than Schroeder as of right now..

Agreed,...Horvat has not earned a spot on this team ...He wasn't ready at all last training camp (I personally thought that Hunter Shinkaruk was closer to the NHL than Bo)...He will be a good player for the Canucks,some guys just need more time.

far better players than schroeder clear waivers before the start of every season.

which team in this league is going to slot him into their lineup instead of a veteran or one if their own young players?

i can't think of a single team.

Archived