The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offical] Kesler traded to Anaheim

TheRussianRocket.

Listening to Chicago radio feed on TuneIn Radio App, and they are saying the offer from Chi is Kruger, TT and a pick for Kesler and a pick. Also some speculation that a 3rd team in the top 5 could be in the mix to possibly give the Canucks two picks in the top 6,

I guess there is no going to sleep tonight...

Rumour is that they wouldn't even do TT for Kesler...

TT is so freakin' overrated. Issues with skating, physicality, grit, overall strength and two-way play. Kid didn't impress in Chicago OR Rockford this year.

God-dammit i'm tired of soft euro junk.

Wanna impress me, Canucks? Go Landeskog-type for the euros please. HORSE.

Kruger, Teravainen, and the 27th just isn't enough and it doesn't do enough to fill the holes for the future.

IMO if you think that's not enough then your gonna be really disappointed with the return...

@NicholsOnHockey

Friedman on Team 1040 on if he thinks Ryan Kesler will be dealt by the end of the weekend: "Yes, I do." #Canucks

@NicholsOnHockey

Friedman: Offers on Spezza aren't as great bc he only has one year left on deal. That's why Kesler needs to be dealt now. #Canucks #Sens

‏@NicholsOnHockey

Friedman: I heard #stlblues asked, told Kesler would not go there. Think #Stars have been sniffing around. Not sure it's a match. #Canucks

@NicholsOnHockey

Friedman: #Blackhawks, #NHLDucks are still front-runners. Was told #NHLDucks are out on Kesler, but think that's just posturing. #Canucks

@NicholsOnHockey

Friedman: I don't think #Canucks' deal to get #FlaPanthers' No. 1 pick is going to happen.

IMO if you think that's not enough then your gonna be really disappointed with the return...

It's not so much that it's not enough, it just doesn't do anything for us really. I have no interest in a small number 1 center playing in the West.

I'm hoping that Tallon has interest in Kruger and/or Teraivanen and it's part of a swap for the first overall. That way Kesler would indirectly be getting us Reinhart, and Chicago gets their number 2 center.

Why is Kruger such a great piece?

The guy is like a 4th liner, average 3rd liner

Don't we have a lot if those guys?

He's alright, but nothing to get excited about. Neither is TT. Neither is their 2014 pick.

Crap, crap, crap. And then we get to watch him kick our asses as a Hawk for 10 years. LOL!

The trade rumours thus far are downright embarrassing. The Canucks should just keep him.

Listening to Chicago radio feed on TuneIn Radio App, and they are saying the offer from Chi is Kruger, TT and a pick for Kesler and a pick. Also some speculation that a 3rd team in the top 5 could be in the mix to possibly give the Canucks two picks in the top 6,

Why would the Canucks want (or need) a 24 year old center lacking in size and strength who has yet to score 10 goals or put up 30 points in a season? TT gives them a similar physical package but with much more skill and upside, then there's still Horvat, Gaunce, Cassels, etc. down the middle. Just an asset for another deal, perhaps...

It seems to me that no matter what Chicago is looking for a home run instead of a fair deal.

TT, roster player and your pick. If they don't come to the table with that to start then they are not serious. We may be handing the Hawks a cup and at least have to play them a ton this season with kes in their line-up.

You overpay for that, hawks. Ballard, Raymond and a first is not getting it done.

Ya get the sense there is a dark horse team in there somewhere; I say Dallas, Nashville,Tampa or Columbus (with umberger get gone)

With a weak FA pool; think the Canucks rid a goalie, Kesler, a pick, a prospect and a Dman tomorrow or this week for a bounty back

Friedman says he hears from a source that "Anaheim has pulled out of the race for Kesler." Although he adds that he doesn't believe the source.

Translation: "I'm the source. And i'm trolling you, you stupid, stupid Canuck fans."

Ban this fool.

Some have reported that the third team in this three-way could be Florida or Tampa.

Getting interesting.

You're right. We are going to be really disappointed with the return.

That's why the trade won't happen.

Benning/Linden need to sell tickets, not make the franchise look like a joke.

Archived