The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offical] Kesler traded to Anaheim

TheRussianRocket.

Eklund claiming Florida is Kesler's most likely destination. :lol:

This just in Eklund has decide to switch from hockey to basketball. He says that "Well it was a time for a change, you can only be right so many times before it becomes boring…." The NBA as already put out a presser saying that Eklund is a invalid source and shouldn't be given anymore attention.

Eklund claiming Florida is Kesler's most likely destination. :lol:

here is what we should do.

let's settle this once and for all.

If kesler does end up in FLA (hah) then Eklund is a viable source from now on. If Kesler doesn't then Eklund's poison is purged from these boards forever.

I really like Leddy as a piece back, he's a young PMD with upside.

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Leddy - Tanev (young players, and that's a nice balance in style of game)

I would want something like TT + Leddy, maybe see if we could also get a 2nd or 3rd thrown in there aswell, that would be a very good deal for us moving forward IMO.

That's actually an interesting dynamic I haven't thought about yet. Leddy growing with Tanev. They'd probably be good together next season but imagine the pairing you'd have in 3 years time when they're getting close to their prime. Dare I say top end if they really click and progress at the rate they have in their young careers already? Not out of the realm of possibility.

The future is definitely intriguing with him in the deal. I don't want him as the best prospect in the deal but TT would be good.

Back to the Kesler talk….

I think a deal happens before friday because they Canucks need to know where their drafting and if they can afford/need the first overall pick.

Something like

CHI

Kesler

Van

TT

2015 first round

is a good staring point for Chi

Ana

Kesler

Van

10th overall pick

Therdore/Etem

is a good staring point for Ana

Benning wants roster players, so I see 10th and Palmieri/Maroon/Smith-Pelly

from CHI TT and Shaw maybe even Hartman

Hi jb its sb calling. I want your best scorer. What's that? Hahah no. Im not willing to part with our best prospect. Only scraps really. How does leddy a second and bickell work for you?

Stan is Scotty's puppet. The only reason the Hawks keep him around is because of his old man. Before he makes any move he has to get pops approval

That's actually an interesting dynamic I haven't thought about yet. Leddy growing with Tanev. They'd probably be good together next season but imagine the pairing you'd have in 3 years time when they're getting close to their prime. Dare I say top end if they really click and progress at the rate they have in their young careers already? Not out of the realm of possibility.

The future is definitely intriguing with him in the deal. I don't want him as the best prospect in the deal but TT would be good.

I dont think a pairing of Leddy / Tanev has enough size to be legitimate, except for picking spots and match ups. Skills mesh, sure, but thats not enough?

I almost think (it's not my real position) that we should trade Tanev? Just to temper the wild expectations CDC has for him which are unrealistic.

Hamuis Bieksa

Garrison Pouliot

Edler Tanev

To me looks better than;

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Leddy Tanev

I dont think a pairing of Leddy / Tanev has enough size to be legitimate, except for picking spots and match ups. Skills mesh, sure, but thats not enough?

I almost think (it's not my real position) that we should trade Tanev? Just to temper the wild expectations CDC has for him which are unrealistic.

Hamuis Bieksa

Garrison Pouliot

Edler Tanev

To me looks better than;

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Leddy Tanev

I'm huge on getting pouliot. I target that player and whatever else I can get for Kesler. Then make the move for Reinhart.

Archived