The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offical] Kesler traded to Anaheim

TheRussianRocket.

I don't believe Leddy is as good as he appears,

Playing behind all that talent inflates his numbers,

I'm afraid if he came here he would be exposed

He would still be a 5 here baring a big trade, could be a flip for high pick

Problem with Leddy is he is another LHD, no?

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Tanev

Garrisson Corrado

Leddy

Stanton

That would be fine if he was so good he would supplant one of our top 5 D.

(and for those who pay attention, yes Garrison is OK right side, but better au natural!)

I remain convinced, been posting for 2 years, the best solution is a top end PMD prospect.

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Tanev

Garrisson Corrado

Leddy

Stanton

(and for those who pay attention, yes Garrison is OK right side, but better au natural!)

I remain convinced, been posting for 2 years, the best solution is a top end PMD prospect.

I really like Leddy as a piece back, he's a young PMD with upside.

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Leddy - Tanev (young players, and that's a nice balance in style of game)

I would want something like TT + Leddy, maybe see if we could also get a 2nd or 3rd thrown in there aswell, that would be a very good deal for us moving forward IMO.

Why all the hate because of his list of teams?

Kesler took a paycut and in return received a NTC. It's contractually HIS RIGHT to be able to demand which team he goes too. All Kesler is doing is using HIS RIGHT to go to where he wants too.

Sure he could be a super nice guy and just open up his list to include all teams so the Canucks majorly benefit, at the expense of his happiness. By why would he do that? he's given his whole career to this city so far, played through injuries, battled when no one else did and took a paycut on his last contract. Why should he give more?

Would all of you sacrifice your happiness and rights in order to appease your boss and make their lives better?

But he's not being asked to waive his "no trade"--he's asked to get out. It's not like Sundin in Toronto when they wanted to trade him but he wanted to stay. If you decide you want out, you shouldn't get to say, "and you have to put me on Kings because I think I can win the cup there next year". It destroys the market and makes the player untradeable unless they take a terrible return. If you insist you have to get out, you should then realize the team you want to go to might not offer enough to get you, so you have to be open to more possibilities. Maybe not all the teams, but not just two.

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Tanev

Garrisson Corrado

Leddy

Stanton

Which is why we ask for Adam Clendening. 59 points in the AHL as a 21 year old (most on team as a skater, 2nd most in league as a defenseman) and capable in his own zone.

He would still be a 5 here baring a big trade, could be a flip for high pick

Oh, I agree he's at least a #5 here,

I didn't mean he's like pressbox bad

And yes, my hope was always that part of the Kesler deal would go to Tallon for #1,

If we could get a 1st and TT to keep then Leddy and #6 to FLA, I'd be more then happy,

BUT, Trev/Benn are on record (And I know Aquallini is behind it) saying they want a peice to help us now,

So that kinda flushes my dream down the toilet

Which is why we ask for Adam Clendening. 59 points in the AHL as a 21 year old (most on team as a skater, 2nd most in league as a defenseman) and capable in his own zone.

Hmmmm, very interesting,

On paper I would take him over Leddy,

But I am not expert on prospect development, so I wonder, how good of a prospect do the pro evaluators consider him?

Because yeah, on paper: Offense, Defense, Fast, Physical, Transition game, PP QB, he seems to have everything but size.

ok Chicago - no saad? no TT?

How about

Shaw, Leddy, Hartman, Clendenning, 1st

for

Kesler and our 5th, McNally, Labate

We then flip our 6th + Leddy + schroeder to Edmonton for their 3rd

Like I've said before, If they haven't put TT on the table yet, Benning should refuse to talk to them.

Archived