The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning has placed offer for 1st overall; impressed by local prospect Reinhart

TheRussianRocket.

Florida just let go 21 staff members today. (Team 10/40) Tallon has lots of money issues and pressure for now results.

Yup exactly. They NEED to win to be competitive in the market and make money. But sadly people will still say foolish things like "why would they give up their first for a 6th and a player they need to be competitive"

There is a LOT more to hockey than just the product on the ice. NYI and Fla have massive pressure for various reasons to win now and that means moves have to be made.

Tallon needs bottom 6 stability, solid D and wingers.

We have lots of D and a top 6 pick....and we are about the only team in the top 10 that has a surplus of D with a pick that high so.....

JB did mention that he is going to be enquiring with Tallon on what the asking price is for the #1 pick....Here on CDC we seem to think that Tanev + 6th OA for the 1st OA would be enough to get it done....I have a feeling that Tallon is asking a lot more than that ...If it is indeed true that Tallon does want Ehlers,it would put the Canucks in the drivers seat to make the trade with Florida......The only issue would be,what would the Panthers want on top of that .

JB did mention that he is going to be enquiring with Tallon on what the asking price is for the #1 pick....Here on CDC we seem to think that Tanev + 6th OA for the 1st OA would be enough to get it done....I have a feeling that Tallon is asking a lot more than that ...If it is indeed true that Tallon does want Ehlers,it would put the Canucks in the drivers seat to make the trade with Florida......The only issue would be,what would the Panthers want on top of that .

I think losing Tanev would sting a lot. Would much rather give up Corrado however Florida is in a win now mode. It's tough to gauge how much is fair value when moving up five spots.

Personally I think keeping Tanev (who is top four now and potential to be more than that) and the 6th pick (which is going to be a great prospect any way you look at it) is more beneficial to the team.

I think losing Tanev would sting a lot. Would much rather give up Corrado however Florida is in a win now mode. It's tough to gauge how much is fair value when moving up five spots.

Personally I think keeping Tanev (who is top four now and potential to be more than that) and the 6th pick (which is going to be a great prospect any way you look at it) is more beneficial to the team.

As much as I like Ekblad and Reinhart I agree. Tanev and a B/B+ prospect isn't worth it. And that wouldn't even be enough compared to what others can offer.

Losing Tanev would sting ,especially since Hamhuis,Bieksa are 31 and 32 years old respectively..Not exactly spring chickens...Canucks are going to have to start replenishing their blue line in 2-3 years.?..Tanev still has a big future in front of him.

In saying that..I would still deal him and the 6th for # 1...if Florida wanted Tanev+ Shink + 6th..I would pass on it.

Losing Tanev would sting ,especially since Hamhuis,Bieksa are 31 and 32 years old respectively..Not exactly spring chickens...Canucks are going to have to start replenishing their blue line in 2-3 years.?..Tanev still has a big future in front of him.

In saying that..I would still deal him and the 6th for # 1...if Florida wanted Tanev+ Shink + 6th..I would pass on it.

If we could get significant assets on the back end through other avenues (by trading Edler or Kesler) I think I would be able to swallow the move. I do think that Tanev is perhaps one if the most underrated D men in the league (at least defensively) but if we had guys like Pouliot, Vatanen, or even Fleury at 10 it would certainly lessen the blow of his loss.

wow.... did this thread turn into a proposal thread or something? I specifically avoid that section so i don't need to read some of those stupid proposals..

Typical cdc proposals... they under value our player before trade, and over value them in their proposals...Each year we will see ppl packaging players they dont like to trade for some good players... before it was ballard and raymond + second... now it is edler and Hansen + first...

this is retarded.

and have of them CDC claim to b fans... over payment... 3 overall in '99 bryan McCabe to Chi for Henrik or Daniel.. look it up ..

Sam Reinhart is a cerebral playmaker, and likely the best offensive player in the draft.
He is a young, creative center with terrific playmaking skills and ability to make a difference on the power play.
We need to draft the local boy!

021314Reinhart.jpg

Sam Reinhart is a cerebral playmaker, and likely the best offensive player in the draft.

He is a young, creative center with terrific playmaking skills and ability to make a difference on the power play.

We need to draft the local boy!

021314Reinhart.jpg

Not good looking so I guess he's not a franchise player lol, CDC logic

Bennett fails to do a pull up in the combine!! I know it's not critical but that's got to say something about dedication. Doug MacLean said that in all his time he knows of only 2 players who failed to do 1, and no he wouldn't name them.

I don't really put much stock in those tests with 17 year old kids. Kevin Durant couldn't do one bench press at the nba combine and he's an mvp super star.

I don't really put much stock in those tests with 17 year old kids. Kevin Durant couldn't do one bench press at the nba combine and he's an mvp super star.

do they throw body checks legally in basketball?

would you take a linebacker who couldnt bench 100lbs in the nfl?

apples and oranges. DONT compare basketball to hockey man.

Archived