The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elliot Friedman 30 Thoughts: Canucks ha have made offer for 1st overall pick

Its his draft year so you compare him with his draft year peers. Plus shinkaruk was pretty much a year older then people in his eh? And he didn't even do close to what reinhart did. I'm just saying that those two players are not putting up numbers to be 1st line players. Even when shinkaruk had a bigger age diff then reinhart.

First off if you go back to 2011-12 the second season Shinkaruk in the WHL he scored 49 goals in 66 games (91 points) something Reinhart has never come close to doing. And if you wait to compare him to the 2012 draft class those sort of numbers put him right up there with Yakupov and Galchenyuk Shinkaruk likely would of went 4th overall

You are missing the point that giving up Shinkaruk + 6th hurts the Canucks too much because we lack depth in prospects. We can't afford to throw away 2 prospects, let alone 2 + Kassian which appears to be the going rate for 1st overall, if not more, for a prospect in return that not projected to be a first line franchise player.

Its a risk that is stupid to take unless we had plethora of prospects.

Yea he is a c/lw. That was a typo but either way I am still accurate in a sense.

No, you're not. You keep making things up and trying to present them as facts. You have no clue how good or bad a prospect is going to be, whether it be Reinhart or Shinkaruk. Just stop it.

Kassian and Jensen is 3rd line at best

get a real winger to play with Sedin's or give one more chance to Burrows

I said to my brother last year once Kassian stops trying to be this guy that can beat guys one on one and starts using his size and passing ability he is going to be a very good player; Kassian is a very good passer and has good vision. He started to do that last year near the end of the year and he looked very good he is due for a breakout year.

Archived